perfect setup
  • kfoley

perfect setup

by kfoley » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:01 pm

so i've been using resolume for a few years but i have to buy a mac for school and am switching to modul8. i don't know much about computer hardware, please help.
    -first of all, i need a mac, what specs am i looking for?
    -second, i need an audio interface, any suggestions?
    -third, compression, how do i want to compress my clips?
  • mowgli_uk
    master

Re: perfect setup

by mowgli_uk » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:49 pm

Resolume works on mac...
  • anomad
    master

Re: perfect setup

by anomad » Mon May 09, 2016 9:36 pm

kfoley wrote:so i've been using resolume for a few years but i have to buy a mac for school and am switching to modul8. i don't know much about computer hardware, please help.
    -first of all, i need a mac, what specs am i looking for?
    -second, i need an audio interface, any suggestions?
    -third, compression, how do i want to compress my clips?

. 1- the best mac you can afford. the 15" Retina MacBook Pro's have the dual video cards (Intel Iris Pro Graphics and
    AMD Radeon R9 M370X with 2GB of GDDR5 memory and automatic graphics switching ) - out of the box it has HDMI out + two thunderbolt ports that can also be used for video out as well

. 2- audio interface depends on what you need to do? just stereo output ? use the headphone jack. recoding mic/guitar? need MIDI ? there are dozens of USB interfaces that have MIDI in/out as well as audio for 2x2 to 10x8 and beyond

. 3- when Modul8 HD is released, they recommended H.264 for straight play through (not scrubbing the videos) or HAP (if you are jumping around in the video and for Alpha Channel support when GarageCube adds that functionality)

. for current versions (up to v2.9), Photo JPEG-B @ 75% is usually recommended

-james
    (a nomad. )