BCR2000 Behringer with modul8
  • cyeaw

BCR2000 Behringer with modul8

by cyeaw » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:10 pm

Hi,

I'm an enthusiast owner of modul8.
    For the time being i'm using it with an Evolution Mk225C. But the fact is that this midi controller is limited by the very few knobs (8) it has.
    So, i was thinking about using it with a complementary BCR2000 midi controller.

Have anyone tried it yet and have some advice or templates to share ?

Oh, by the way. I've tested Modul8 taking midi machine control signal from Logic Pro and the possibilities for the show (live concert) i'm working on seem amazing.

Cheers,

-- CYEAW --
  • Mandingo

by Mandingo » Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:14 am

I am using the BCF2000 so I'm not sure about the BCR2000 but it works great. I basically set it up for 8 layers so each of the sliders and the encdoder/buttons control one layer. I have the video position on the slider. A pause and play midi command on the button above. As each encoder has four groups I have them control: Layer on/off:tranparancey,
    Layer speed/reset, layer scale/reset and still am not sure what to do with the last group. I use the four buttons on the bottom right for the master effects.
    The thing works great an makes the program even more amazing.

C.O.
  • CYEAW

OK !

by CYEAW » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:43 pm

Thanks for your answer.

I think i'm going to invest a few euros in the BCR2000 which is at the moment the most knobfull interace i know at that price.

If other users want to share some templates or experience with the Behringer BCR/BCF2000, they should not hesitate.
    As soon as i get mine i'll post a short review...

Cheers,

CYEAW
    gmint
    ultim8 member

by gmint » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:51 pm

I'll be looking forward to your review. Personally, I love the design of Behringer's products, but have found many of them to be poorly made (I'm speaking specifically of their DJ mixers here)...
    DJ G Mint

www.MidwestDJs.com • [url=https://]www.minidj.com[/url]
  • meiso

by meiso » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:34 am

Hello!

I am the proud new owner of a Behringer BCR2000 Rotary Control! I am planning to buy modul8 2.5 but I wanted to test it with my MIDI controller first. For now, I'm using the modul8 demo - but I'm not sure if all of the MIDI capabilities are enabled.

Here's what I've discovered so far:

It seems to work, I can map most of Modul8's functions to the MIDI controls.. But there are two important things I can't figure out. First, how do i map the 10 faders that control each video layer? I can set the first one, but the others are darkened and I cannot click on them. When I exit the mapping mode, the MIDI controls I applied to the first video channel switch to whichever channel I click on!! I need to be able to map all 10 channels to different rotary controls. Help!!! The other problem is that the buttons switch on and off, instead of acting like triggers. For instance, I'd like ot be able to use the invert button by tapping it to create a sort of strobe effect.. But when i tap the buttons they turn on and stay on.. instead of just being on when i tap on them.

I'd like to figure this out.. Modul8 seems like the best VJ software that exists out there and it would be really cool if my MIDI controller worked with it perfectly!

It works really well with Ableton, which i the main reason I bought it.

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

Meiso

I'm new here so pleasebear with my mistakers)
  • meiso

by meiso » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:11 am

I just realized how old this thread is.. if there's a newer one with some info on the bcr2000 please direct me there :)

Thank you!
    bassballs

by bassballs » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:03 am

Use position to map the layer opacity of each channel to buttons, If you map both the opacity and the layer focus to the same button then it switch focus when you touch a button.

and then focus to map the rest.

Anders
    VjKg
    super8 member

Got one myself

by VjKg » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:05 pm

I to just got the BCR-2000 and from what little time I have spent I can say it works, but many options make optimum setup hard to find. I can say so far I like it over UC-33 and BCF-2000. I have a gig on Friday I will report after that.

Also I am crafting a .psd template for creating your own overlays for at least the first two presets. I will offer free (as in beer) when complete.
  • meiso

by meiso » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:53 pm

bassballs wrote:Use position to map the layer opacity of each channel to buttons, If you map both the opacity and the layer focus to the same button then it switch focus when you touch a button.

and then focus to map the rest.

Anders

Thanks! I figured that out at about 2 in the morning yesterday after playing with the midi map for a while. Now everything works great! 8 channels on 8 knobs, push the knobs to turn the channels off.. the other 24 knobs are slowly getting filled in as i work on my midi map. 16 buttons to select clips from my media.. the BCR2000 is awesome. I can even control ableton at the same time since it's able to control different devices with different presets. the possibilities are endless.

My new goal is to figure out how to get the LEDs to feedback paramater changes I make with the mouse in modul8. for instance i f i use the crossfader with the mouse, the LEDs on the knob that controls the crossfader should change position automatically to reflect the parameter change. I read somewhere that there might be an extra module or plugin that can do this. Any ideas?

thanks!
    VjKg
    super8 member

My solution

by VjKg » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:46 am

I setup the top knob to be global for all presets and change within the encoder group. This allows for master clip issues to be independent from the filters and image control. I select clips up top and control below.

• TG01

by TG01 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:02 pm

Do you have anyone to share the current template for BCR2000?
  • Baatkro1

Re: BCR2000 Behringer with modul8

by Baatkro1 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:37 am

I've tested Modul8 taking midi machine control signal from Logic Pro and the possibilities for the show (live concert) i'm working on seem amazing.????