3 input with Matrox - MXO2 LE
  • retake7

3 input with Matrox - MXO2 LE

by retake7 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:58 pm

Hello everybody
    I m thinking of buying a Matrox - MXO2 LE, because I want to have 3 different input working at the same time into modu8.
    My input will be analog cameras... and I m using a mac bookpro with the specific slot
    thanx a lot
    retake7
  • retake7

New question

by retake7 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:09 pm

Hello again, actually I think I do not know if we can plug 3 cameras to the MX02 mini or LE.
    I saw there is 3 analog input in this device, But is it for 3 differents cameras or only one?
    Anybody can answer this question?
    Thanx
    Valparaiiso
    activ8 member

by Valparaiiso » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:23 pm

Hello,
    Matrox MXO2 Mini, as most of the others acquisition cards, accepts ONE input at the same time (you can only choose the format).
    The only card I know with 2 simultaneous inputs is the BMD Decklink Duo, an internal PCIe card (for Mac Pro).
  • retake7

Thanx a lot

by retake7 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:20 am

Hello, thanx for your advice, Matrox sent me an email 2 days ago about this...

Thank you for your interest in the Matrox products, however, the MXO2 range of products are all single input and cannot capture simultaneously from multiple sources. You could use a vision mixer to mix the 3 cameras into one single stream.

Our other multi ingest products are designed for use in desktop systems. These products are development products which require you to write an application based around the hardware, please let us know if you have any interest in this range:

MAC developer products: http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/mac/developer/
    PC developer products: http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/pc/developer/

bye