Introducing: LB - Macro
  • geoffmatters
    activ8 member

Introducing: LB - Macro

by geoffmatters » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:42 am

I realized I've been making modules for over 10 years, including some powerful general-purpose ones. I've decided to try promoting them, so that others can benefit.

LB - Macro
    https://interfaceoff.blogspot.com/2017/ ... odule.html
    (with tutorial video)

Macro is an alternative to the "preset" concept. Macro does not record the state of the modul8 parameters; rather, it records any number of changes to those parameters, and allows all those changes to be repeated by the press of a single button.

Macros are a convenient way to bundle multiple predetermined actions into a single button, without having to write a module. They are also useful to work around interface restrictions, eg use a Note On to enable something without the Note Off also disabling it (as it would with a direct MIDI mapping).

I don't use a specific project format. To the contrary, I create new project files for every job, and sometimes every song, and they end up being pretty different in terms of structure and usage. But I somehow end up using LB - Macro in about half my project files, to construct cues, glue the arrangement together, or work around modul8 quirks. When I hit a wall in what I am trying to do, often being able to on-the-fly learn a set of actions and assign them to a button allows me to break through that wall.
    broken
    super8 member

Re: Introducing: LB - Macro

by broken » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:31 am

Thanks for this! Will definitely find it's way into my projects :)