BPM control range
    eyeborg

BPM control range

by eyeborg » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:50 pm

Hi,
    I love the new BPM modules. I have a request though for BPM (Global), that the range of the BPM knob can be narrowed down a bit. At the moment it goes from 0-240, and that makes fine-tuning very hard. Even slightly touching the knob on my Midi controller makes the BPM go out of synch and I suspect the BPM is always a whole number too, or are decimals calculated? The < and > buttons only set BPM to whole numbers.

Could it be optional to set the range to 120-150, for dance music? Or even better, custom range for extreme fine-tuning. This is a feature in Ableton Live for the BPM control.

Any thoughts, am I being difficult, annoying and ungrateful? :oops: I have the same problem with the global speed slider which I also use to beatmatch my clips to music.

grete x :D
    boris
    garageCube team

Re: BPM control range

by boris » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:49 am

Not very hard to change it yourself.
    Open the module editor, select the bpm module, select the knob.
    Change the Min/max value to 2 and 2.5.
    That's it !

eyeborg wrote:Hi,
    I love the new BPM modules. I have a request though for BPM (Global), that the range of the BPM knob can be narrowed down a bit. At the moment it goes from 0-240, and that makes fine-tuning very hard. Even slightly touching the knob on my Midi controller makes the BPM go out of synch and I suspect the BPM is always a whole number too, or are decimals calculated? The < and > buttons only set BPM to whole numbers.

Could it be optional to set the range to 120-150, for dance music? Or even better, custom range for extreme fine-tuning. This is a feature in Ableton Live for the BPM control.

Any thoughts, am I being difficult, annoying and ungrateful? :oops: I have the same problem with the global speed slider which I also use to beatmatch my clips to music.

grete x :D
    Boris * garageCube team
    eyeborg

by eyeborg » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:24 pm

:D

thank you!

grete x