Midi mapping the filter module's xy pad
    p8guitar

Midi mapping the filter module's xy pad

by p8guitar » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:51 pm

two problems when midi mapping the filter module's xy parameter pad:

1. the "focus" midi mapping mode doesn't work with the filter module?
    I'd expect that when I map with focus mode, then every layer filter that contains the same effect (e.g. hole distortion) could be controlled with the same CC number when I select the layer - as it is with the main layer effects like saturation etc. but midi mapping the filter module on layer 2 doesn't map it on layer 4, too. it even erases an existing mapping there.

2. midi mapping the layer filter's xy pad with my Korg Kaoss Pad always gives the wrong mapping: x is y, y is x. I exchange the controller numbers of the Kaoss Pad to get it right, but when I do an additional new mapping x and y are wrong again with this new mapping.
    how can I control the xy mapping? As soon as I touch the Kaoss Pad, both CC numbers are mapped, and alway wrong. (ok, I could turn the Kaoss Pad 90°... :wink: )

hope that doesn't read too confused, the problems are a bit complicated to describe... :oops:
    Peter
    (Modul8 2.5.4, Mac OS 10.4.9, iMac 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 duo / 2GB RAM; MIDI: RME fireface 800, Novation Remote ZSL, Korg microKontrol, Faderfox LV2 and LX2. )
    p8guitar

by p8guitar » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:20 am

ehm...

is there anybody out there? :(