Using the non-default version of OS X Python
  • mb24335

Using the non-default version of OS X Python

by mb24335 » Mon May 28, 2007 5:31 pm

Guys,

I've upgraded my version of Python to 2.5 as I wanted to use some functions available in the newer version. Wondering if there is any way to point the module editor to recognize the updated python libs?
  • pliniobarraza

Python interpreter

by pliniobarraza » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:30 am

I am helping a VJ friend of mine develop some modules so she can do some interesting stuff.

I have searched the forums and find it strange that there is no more talk about this issue. I would like to use python libraries in Modul8, in particular openCV. However, in order to compile these libraries (python bindings for openCV), I absolutely need to know how to tell Modul8 which Python to use as an interpreter, and if that cannot be changed, then I need to know which Python version is being used.

I tried to break Modul8 by removing python links in /usr/bin/ with no luck, so after tinkering a while I realized that the version of Modul8 I am working with (2.6) used Python 2.3. Does this mean we can't update and use a newer version of Python?
  • ilan

by ilan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:07 pm

That is correct.
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:29 pm

In some cases it's as easy as adapting a library written for a later version of Python to an older version. That is If the library doesn't rely on newer technology that is depending on a later Python version.