Searching movies by tag
  • embrion

Searching movies by tag

by embrion » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:50 pm

I don't know where to put this topic, I hope this is the right place. I haven't found any topic related to this, but if there is any, please let me know.

I was thinking that it would be great to have a way to chose your media according to metadata. I just saw that in quicktime you can add annotation (like keywords or description, but there are other fields as well). I was wondering if it's possible, if you tag your movies with keywords, to have a small search module that would allow you to select and import media by a specific keyword. This would be really useful to be done directly in Modul8.

If it's not possible, what could it be another solution? Using the spotlight is not quite the smoothest way.
  • VJnutcracker
    super8 member

by VJnutcracker » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:58 pm

I name my clips according to its content, for example a clip could be called

People_dancing_girl_reddress02.mov
    or
    Machine_robot_acidrobot01.mov

i then use the folder search bar to find a bunch of clips i need quickly

I use an app called "A Better Rename" to add text to the start of filenames in batches
  • Lupin
    garageCube team

by Lupin » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:23 pm

a better finder rename is a great software . to create clean a quick retrieving banks i also use cocothumbX to create thumbnails for videos and ai create special folder icons easily with Viou software . then to quick search i use the alternative finder from cocoatech : Pathfinder. when you browse file you can have alaorge automatic window preview full of interesting information
    Gael Abegg Gauthey (former known as Lupin)
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/abegg-gauthey/
  • embrion

by embrion » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:52 pm

Pathfinder's search seems to be the solution. Gracias!