modul8.setValue ctrl_layer_focused question
  • anomad
    master

modul8.setValue ctrl_layer_focused question

by anomad » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:20 pm

I'm trying to write my first module and am having some trouble getting things working the way I want them to! :D I'm more of a perl/php programmer, so I'm still trying to grok python...

I'm using a uc-33e controller and I want the numeric keypad to server 2 purposes:
    If the layer is not in focus, set the focus to that layer (but do not hide/unhide)
    If the layer is in focus, toggle hide/unhide.

So, if layer 1 is active and not hidden and layer 3 is hidden, I could press the '3' button to focus on layer 3 and change some parameters then press the '3' button again and have it displayed (not hidden)

I am able to hide/not hide the currently focused layer, but I am unable to change the focus of the layer (unless the main window doesn't update the new layer with the orange hightlight)

Could this be related to http://www.garagecube.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=635&highlight=ctrllayerfocused ? Was this fixed ?

The code I'm using with debug statements looks like this: (in DirectEvent)

Code: Select all

if type == 'MIDI'  and param['channel'] == 1 :
       ##print 'Midi Key from uc-33e:' , param['param1']
       ## On the uc33e, P01 sends the numeric keypads at button 1 = midi message 19, button 2 = midi message 20, etc.
       myDebug = True
       myLayer = param['param1'] - 18
       if modul8.getValue('ctrl_layer_activated', myLayer) == True:
          if myDebug :
             print "Before : "
             print "Layer " , myLayer,  " : focus : ",  modul8.getValue('ctrl_layer_focused', myLayer)
             print "Layer " , myLayer,  " : hidden: ", modul8.getValue('ctrl_layer_hidden', myLayer )
             print "Layer " , myLayer,  " : active: ", modul8.getValue('ctrl_layer_activated', myLayer )

if modul8.getValue('ctrl_layer_focused', myLayer) == False :
             modul8.setValue('ctrl_layer_focused', True, myLayer)
          else :
             hideToggle = modul8.getValue('ctrl_layer_hidden',myLayer)
             modul8.setValue('ctrl_layer_hidden', not hideToggle, myLayer)

if myDebug :
             print "After : "
             print "Layer " , myLayer,  " : focus : ",  modul8.getValue('ctrl_layer_focused', myLayer)
             print "Layer " , myLayer,  " : hidden: ", modul8.getValue('ctrl_layer_hidden', myLayer )
             print "Layer " , myLayer,  " : active: ", modul8.getValue('ctrl_layer_activated', myLayer )
             print "-------------------------------------------------------------"

Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to shed some light on this issue!

-james
    (a nomad. )
    boris
    garageCube team

by boris » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:30 am

The keyword ctrl_layer_focused is read only.
    You need to use the keyword : ctrl_layerStack_focusPosition
    Boris * garageCube team
    boris
    garageCube team

Re: modul8.setValue ctrl_layer_focused question

by boris » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:32 am

Yes it is fixed.

anomad wrote:Could this be related to http://www.garagecube.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=635&highlight=ctrllayerfocused ? Was this fixed ?
    Boris * garageCube team