Scripting+MIDI+more
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

Scripting+MIDI+more

by Akira » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:55 am

Are there any plans to work directly with MIDI signals and scripting? I'm thinking about stuff like reading BPMs off the clock signal.

Also it would be cool to have stuff like a functon that parses movie length or whatever, and I'm also thinking of a tap tempo retriggerer, haven't investigated about the possibility of this modifying the BACF yet but I think thre is no property to modify the movie's timeiline position, this would be great too.

Please let me know if I'm talking a load of bull and this is already possible ;D
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

by Akira » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:02 am

Hmm.. if Im corect ctrl_layer_movie_shuttle1 and shuttle 2 are the scratch wheels and with this i can control movie position. Also with tihs and based on percentages one oculd do a beatsyncer, i suppose.

This is so fun ;D
    boris
    garageCube team

Re: Scripting+MIDI+more

by boris » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:56 am

Akira wrote:Are there any plans to work directly with MIDI signals and scripting? I'm thinking about stuff like reading BPMs off the clock signal.

Is already ok :)
    You need just use the DirectEvent on the script module...
    (for midi and keyboard)

Boris * garageCube team
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

by Akira » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:24 pm

Am I being dumb? Where is teh reference for all this? Is it online or in teh manuals? I think it might be a case of me needing to RTFM but I have been using teh Online script reference and couldnt find thsi sort of stuff.....

This is iteresting, SO interesting :)
    yves@garagecube
    master

by yves@garagecube » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:54 am

Well, there is simply no documentation available now... Only a short introduction to modules that covers only a very small portion of this new system.

Yves.
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

by Akira » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:38 pm

So, until you release the full docs, it is a case of bothering you guys here if I come up with some idea? ;)
    yves@garagecube
    master

by yves@garagecube » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:06 am

Akira wrote:So, until you release the full docs, it is a case of bothering you guys here if I come up with some idea? ;)

Of course. If you questions or ideas regarding modules be sure to post them here.

Yves.