My Favourite Modules
    deepvisual
    master

My Favourite Modules

by deepvisual » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:17 pm

I was asked to recommend some modules to a new user. I realised I only use 4

Filter ( of course)
    (vs) media to layers
    (vs) media sequencer
    m-layer selection

any other favourites?
  • ilan

by ilan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:11 pm

BPM (Global)
    BPM Router (Master)
    BPM Router (Layer)
    Paint
    LB-Macro
    Text

The above combined with a M-Audio Trigger Finger and a Wacom tablet = engaging fun all night long.

Hope I get some time sooner or later to put together a nice mix of that. Gawsh knows I have all the material on hand. *sigh*
  • Futurelight

by Futurelight » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:52 pm

Were is the best place to find modules?
  • ilan

A lot going on if you put it all together

by ilan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:59 pm

All of the modules can be found on the online library.

In modul8 access:
    Modules > Online Library

Left tab for GarageCUBE created modules and the right tab for user created modules.

I also recently fell in love with the '120 Spiro v1.0' module. You can take 1 still image and attach it to 3 layers then apply the spiro to each one and watch them fly around the screen.

Also love the 'Slide Show' and 'Movie Scratch' modules.

With 'Slide Show' I can have a series of still images that can be displayed at intervals. Combine that with the above mentioned 'Spiro' and viola.

The 'Movie Scratch' module is great because you can create a huge QuickTime movie with lots of still images in it and happily tap through each still to the beat of the music.
  • anomad
    master

Re: A lot going on if you put it all together

by anomad » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:45 pm

ilan wrote:I also recently fell in love with the '120 Spiro v1.0' module.

. glad you like it! :D - it'd be really cool if modul8 could do 'trace' on each layer, rather than the whole composition. i know there are some free frame plugins that have that 'echo' effect, so i might look into those. i'm also working on a second version that'll store 'presets' (b/c i find some combinations of pen and x1, x2 just don't work as well as others)

. as for my favorite modules, OSC, text, filter, 120 spiro and a modified chopper (as i have 12, rather than 20 buttons to work with.

i've found that writing my own modules (usually based on someone elses) have been the most useful. like, Filter is an awesome module, but i couldn't easily control more than 4 fx per layer, and use different keys for different layers, so i studied the module (and asked a lot of questions) and was able to create my own fx module controlled by a korg nano-key. it uses the white keys to turn on an effect when pressed and stop the effect when released. this is great for just tapping to the beat to keep the visuals interesting. the black key are a toggle on/off for color cycling, zoom and rotate. the neat side effect is that you can enable 'Pixellate' then 'Edges' and get one look, or enable 'Edges' then 'Pixellate' and get something different. i'll release that one as soon as i clear up the array functions and make it a little more user friendly.

-james
    (a nomad. )
  • VJnutcracker
    super8 member

Re: A lot going on if you put it all together

by VJnutcracker » Wed May 20, 2009 4:23 pm

anomad wrote:i'll release that one as soon as i clear up the array functions and make it a little more user friendly.
    )

Excellent, sounds good, i struggle with the filter module too.

thanks.
  • bluueyee

by bluueyee » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:36 am

The modules that i use
    Filter
    BPM (Global)
    BPM Router (Master)
    BPM Router (Layer)
    Paint
    LB-Macro
    orion
    super8 member

Re: My Favourite Modules

by orion » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:20 am

loving
    (LT) quick FX
    120 AVFX
    (AT) Filter (Layer)
    (AT) Gener8 (still wrapping my head around this one)

a couple other basic ones too.