Layers-Position Setter
    deepvisual
    master

by deepvisual » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:58 am

superb, I'll give it a whirl tonite
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:55 pm

It works better. No more lockups. But it does not remember layer positions right. When running saved preset I get errors
    init line 74 and 162
    message event line 112
    Anome
    activ8 member

by Anome » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:01 pm

ok i fixed the problem: update ! (it came from the 'normalize' setting, the only one which is not a float value)
    The presets you saved before are correct, it is only the loading process which was bad ...
    Image . . . . Image
    deepvisual
    master

by deepvisual » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:33 pm

it seems to work fine so far, though i haven't been able to achieve what I want to.
    I'm working on a technique to get soft edge blends from a double head2go. for that I need to be able to lay at least 5 layers in the same space and then crop them and move them around.

at the moment its impossible to select any layer other than the top layer.
    If you have a stack of layers on the same area, then you can't select the ones underneath.

it would be a big help to have a layer select button...
    Anome
    activ8 member

by Anome » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:23 pm

deepvisual wrote:at the moment its impossible to select any layer other than the top layer.
    If you have a stack of layers on the same area, then you can't select the ones underneath.

it would be a big help to have a layer select button...

done: for many reasons, i choose to offer a 'show only selected layer' option ...
    by the way, i add a contextual 'center' button :)
    Image . . . . Image
  • ilan

by ilan » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:23 pm

I am very much a noob module creator and I am working on a sort of D-pad to move a selected layer around.

Minus the details on this what I noticed I am having trouble with (and I notice this in the module resulting from this thread) is that when you press the button to position the layer incrementally that it moves the layer on the 'down' and 'up' states of the button. What this means is that if you wanted to move a layer by 0.1 pixel that you would actually have to use a value like 0.05 instead.

I tried changing the attributes of the button but this does not change the situation. Perhaps this was addressed somewhere else in the forum?
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:35 pm

It seems to be OK now. The things you added are great.
    Anome
    activ8 member

by Anome » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:53 pm

ilan wrote:Minus the details on this what I noticed I am having trouble with (and I notice this in the module resulting from this thread) is that when you press the button to position the layer incrementally that it moves the layer on the 'down' and 'up' states of the button. What this means is that if you wanted to move a layer by 0.1 pixel that you would actually have to use a value like 0.05 instead

Ok i fixed it ... I forget to increase the value ONLY when you press the button (and not when you release it).

check and tell me if it's ok for you ...
    Image . . . . Image
    deepvisual
    master

by deepvisual » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:06 pm

well, while you guys were fiddling with the module, I've made another tutorial on soft edge blends using M8 and this superb module.

I'm uploading it now, will post a link when its finished cooking..
  • ilan

by ilan » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:07 pm

Perfect. Thanks. And now I learned just a little bit more about scripting environment :)
    deepvisual
    master

by deepvisual » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:09 am

here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxfd9RiVVxE

(i'll put this link in a new thread too)
  • ilan

by ilan » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:05 pm

Anome
    activ8 member

by Anome » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:36 am

hi,

here is an update to use a Midi device to control the position of every layer.
    detail here ---> http://www.iduun.com/blog/2009/07/24/mo ... r-et-midi/
    Image . . . . Image
  • propa

by propa » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:33 am

Hi,
    I get few issues with this wonderful module and modul8 2.6.1
    btw I control it by midi using a wiimote and OSCulator.

First, I had few python crashes of the module with 2.6.1 at launch (I forgot the error line sorry) but it still works ok.

Secondly, there are "red waiting" in midi frames (X & Y) which get midi configuration of the module a little bit tricky... But once the preset is created it is ok. I just don't understand the point of these "waiting" flashing with the midi channel, when I try to configure it.

Finally, a request: could you add some position presets buttons as the "center" one, it could be really useful (for me at least ;) )

Thanks a lot for your work!
    (And I'll post the python error number as soon as I can reproduce the crash)
    Anome
    activ8 member

by Anome » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:01 pm

propa wrote:First, I had few python crashes of the module with 2.6.1 at launch (I forgot the error line sorry) but it still works ok.

Ok, I m waiting for the error lines ;)

propa wrote:I just don't understand the point of these "waiting" flashing with the midi channel, when I try to configure it.

"Waiting" means waiting for a MIDI signal. Here are the steps to set MIDI on this module :
    1. Select your layer
    2. On bottom-left corner, click on the empty midi field (x or y)
    3. A red "waiting" message appears on this field
    4. Move a fader or something else on your MIDI device
    5. The field should display a message like "2:56" (where 2 is the channel and 56 the MIDI note)
    6. Set the min and max value for the field

propa wrote:Finally, a request: could you add some position presets buttons as the "center" one, it could be really useful (for me at least ;) )

You can already save presets and load them directly, but presets are applied to all your layers (not only one, just like "center" does it).
    Can you explain your feature request ?
    Image . . . . Image