RSS Module
    gmint
    ultim8 member

RSS Module

by gmint » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:22 am

I know there was some talk of integrating Twitter feeds into M8 a while back and this is kind of in the same vein. I really can't believe that there's no RSS module. Am I missing something and there is actually already a way to do this? If not, it really seems like someone ought to develop this (if not GarageCube themselves) as it could really open the door to a lot of realtime content that currently can't be accessed in Modul8. If I had the time, I would give it a shot, but unfortunately, I don't....
    DJ G Mint

www.MidwestDJs.com • [url=https://]www.minidj.com[/url]
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:48 am

I tried to get RSS in through a Quartz file, but I think the file doesn't have the right to access the net so nothing happens. The file works fine in VDMX however.

Doing it in Python should be possible, but yet not so useful before Modul8 gets some more typographic features. I wouldn't wanna display all my RSS feeds centered...

Didn't somebody do this in Flash somehow? That could be the trick.
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:32 pm

gmint
    ultim8 member

by gmint » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:46 pm

I am aware of the twitter flash hack, but I'm thinking that a more general RSS feed would really make sense. As it stands, Twitter would be interesting, but pretty limited in its usefulness. RSS, on the other hand would open the door to a whole world of dynamic content. I really can't imagine it would be THAT hard. Although I've never built anything to READ RSS feeds, I have built some PHP to generate them and the concept is pretty simple...
    DJ G Mint

www.MidwestDJs.com • [url=https://]www.minidj.com[/url]