Midi relative option
  • kisiel_k

Midi relative option

by kisiel_k » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:00 pm

Hi! I want to buy a MIDI controller for Modul8, but I have to check one thing before.

I have one big problem - with tempo bar. I want to use an encoder for controlling the tempo, but also I would like to reset the value to 100%.
    Example: I have changed tempo to 50% with the encoder, and I want to jump imediatly to 100%, so I use different button on controller. After this, I want to change speed only a little bit (to 98%), but if I move the encoder, the speed is changing rapidly to 50%. How can I avoid this effect?

There are controllers with "Relative" option, so I can send to Modul8 information about decreasing/increasing the value, instead of absolute information. I have tested Modul8 and the "relative" option wasn't working. Not I see some modules in our library - had anybody tested them (for example "Midi Relative modul")? I don't have any controller MIDI controller right now. I am wondering if I turn on the conversion to Relative with this modul, what will happen to other controllers? (I would like still to work with "absolute" values with Alpha Channel bar)

Sorry for my bad english, and thank you for any answers!
    Jacek
  • wobulation

by wobulation » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:17 am

I have the same issue! i have a panel of knobs, but all my values are absolute. if i touch turn a knob just a hair, the value jumps from 0 - 100%!
  • ilan

by ilan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:17 am

Tricky thing.

You can try this module called LB-CC remap. The only thing is that it limits the range that you can use. But if you are only working with a small range then your movements with a knob or slider are more concentrated.