Mask (global) v.0.9 - custom (modified / updated) version.
  • MASK v.0.9

Poll ended at Wed May 02, 2012 7:10 pm

Excelent.
    100%
    Good, but need improvements.
    No votes
    Useless.
    No votes

Total votes: 9
  • Muscaria

Mask (global) v.0.9 - custom (modified / updated) version.

by Muscaria » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:10 pm

I won't comment Mask (global) v.0.8, but were you curious what select options of TEST and TEST2 means? No idea here - I'm coming with various conclusions of it and none is obvious. What was on coders mind just dropping this module at the stage you've got it in modul8.Lib?

Anyway, here, what's you're expecting to get out of idea of MASK.

IMPORTANT!
    Keep in mind, that still pictures, as well as movies, must be in high contrast, where you'll get fully black and white range. Of course, this could be used for all the others movies as certain filter.

1. Instead of giving possible options on blending two layers - there are all possible options taken on buttons. If I'm not miscalculating here, should be 4x4x2 = 32, which again, you have to multiply it in to Alpha and Luma fading* which in 0-1 variations takes 32x4. Anyway Some of them useless, some are same as other variation. So, see 2.

2. I found most useful 7 options of blending, which are taken in to buttons. Not select menu any more, as buttons are more compact and easier to use. Besides you could map it.
    (If anybody will find option where black would be changed to white [inversion of option WHT->BLCK] - lemme know).

3. *- Added Luma fade-slider (which is simply is RGB fading).

x. Module dimensions are slightly not the same as original - I designed that for my own workspace, but if you ever looked at module.editor, not a big deal to change design for your own skin.

DOWNLOAD this module zip file from here, and copy extracted file in to /Applications/Modules/ folder.

Here's snapshots for MASK 0.9 module and those seven (six here) variations in examples.

MODULE

MASK SOURCE

BLENDING VARIATIONS
    ImageImage
    ImageImage
    ImageImage

ENJOY everybody.

Last edited by Muscaria on Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    sadcrew
    activ8 member

by sadcrew » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:57 pm

A massive update for this module, thanx a lot, I already replaced it and using it
  • ilan

by ilan » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:56 pm

The download link was suspended. Can you renew it or upload the module to the online module library?
  • Muscaria

by Muscaria » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:31 pm

I dunno why it happened - all most of the files on a server were infected by malware script, it will take time to fix it.

I did put temporally the same on a company server, and my previous post is updated, please try again.

j.
  • ilan

by ilan » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:51 pm

Sorry to learn about the server troubles. Ugh. Thanks for the quick response and alternate download link.

Will give it a go soonly.
  • Lupin
    garageCube team

by Lupin » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:29 am

you should publish this mod in the public library, your update is very handy
    thanks
    Gael Abegg Gauthey (former known as Lupin)
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/abegg-gauthey/
  • lamepantallas
    ultim8 member

by lamepantallas » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:33 pm

Great! I am using it when doing simple mask mapping. At first I thought I wouldnt help me much when mapping but then I realized it fixed the size and position of the mask and was able to interchange the masks really easily by the press of a button. Plus, I dont have to worry of erasing a layer mask by mistake on the heat of the moment when vjing.

Cheers! y Gracias loco!

g.
    No se quien soy, pero se de que huyo. M.Montaigne
    Twitter: @popversus / @esegabbo
  • phoenix

Not working here

by phoenix » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:50 pm

Mask update LOOKS good here. I downloaded & unzipped the file & placed it in applications/modul8/modules - where I can see it listed with other modules installed. Problem is, when I open up Modul8, it is NOT in the listed modules.
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:05 am

Is there a way to reset. I have not been able to revert back to start state without deleting the module and reinstall. In the previous module I can highlight and not highlight buttons, but not with this.
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:26 am

What happened to this module? This would be very handy for stuff I'm doing right now. Muscaria - can you upload this module to the on-line library? Or could or someone else email this module to me? (PM me!)
  • camil

by camil » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:46 am