capture live video into still picture
  • Joerg

capture live video into still picture

by Joerg » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:24 am

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to modul8 and already love its playback quality and felxibility!
    However.
    I've come upon a project need that I yet can not see to being able to manage with m8.

They are asking for the following:

A Speaker shall come up a stage, look into a Camera and the (live feedsup until this point shown) hall freeze and turn into a still picture that can then be resized and put into position.

This is all demanded live and visible to the audience.

So I'm basically looking for a way/or module to "freeze" a camera-input and have the frozen image automatically assigned as visual to the respective layer.

Is there anybody who has an idea as to how to achieve sth. like this?

Thanks in advance,
    Joerg

PS:
    I'm awefully sorry, if the question has come up before. I really tried to search the forum but couldn't find the right keyword yet.
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:10 am

Yes there is a (kind of backwards) way to achieve this. I'm assuming you know how to get the live feed in to modul8(?)

1. Set up your screenshot folder in Modul8 preferences under the "Misc" tab. Let's create a folder on the desktop called "Freeze".
    2. Make a screen shot by hoding shift+cmd+O. Now you can drag the screenshot to the Media Set and get it in to your comp.

3. Ok, you might want make this automatic. You could drag the Freeze-folder in to the Media Set and it will react as a movie. Problem is that you don't have the control over the movie without without a custom module. I did a silly stop motion module using the screenshot function, if you PM me with your email I can send you a copy. It's not a 100% debugged module but it will do the job for you.