Getting modul8.SHOW_MEDIA Value - HELP NEEDED
  • Muscaria

Getting modul8.SHOW_MEDIA Value - HELP NEEDED

by Muscaria » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:05 pm

I'm giving up on finding a keyword to get a VALUE for ATTRIBUTE of SHOW_MEDIA:

Say, if I've got in MEDIA_SET_1 movies in cells 1, 2, ... 16 - I can SET MEDIA_PREVIEW in a MODULE:
    module.setAttribute('media_preview', 'SHOW_MEDIA', 16) - where 16 is movie in a last cell of MEDIA_SET_1

Q: but how to get that value (16) - I couldn't find a keyword of this value: modul8.getValue('?-MISSING_KEYWORD-?', 0)

Thanks in advance for help.
    __
    M.
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:13 pm

Maybe it's the heat here in Geneva, but I cannot get what you're trying to do?!? you want to know the media id of the media id #16?!?

Explain what you're trying to achieve, maybe there's an other way to do what you want to do.
  • Muscaria

by Muscaria » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:04 pm

eeeh... well, ok. Won't be easy to explain if this doesn't make sense..

I'll try this in pictures, might be more clear.

1. In the Module Editor, drag from Control Tab a Media icon in to a Module.
    2. Attributes for Media Preview got the Show Media value, which must come by default as 1 - which is first (1) movie from modul8 (global) Media_Set library.
    3. I can set the module.setAttribute('media_preview', 'SHOW_MEDIA', 1)

My question is, how to get this value from modul8.getValues...
    So, if modul8. layer is active, and movie in it is from Media_set lib plays, I want from modul8.getValue('of movie which is set to layer to play', 0) which will represent SHOW_MEDIA

See, if I'm trying to explain it in a more obvious way, seems it's even more complicated. So just see first post, I think is more clear.

Thanks.