Bringing the Filter module to the front
  • newdendrite

Bringing the Filter module to the front

by newdendrite » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:04 am

I'm using the Filter module a lot in performances, and I don't have a space on the screen to leave it exposed all the time. Is there a way to map a keyboard key to this window that does nothing but bring it to the front? Or is there a keyword command for this that could be used in a python script? Or, as a last resort, maybe a way to do it in Applescript?

Thanks,
    Michael
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:15 pm

This has frustrated me as well all these years to the point I rarely use modules at all. At performance stress modules get hidden behind a main control window or smaller ones behind the larger. The easy would be to remember what keys you can use to bring a module to focus. Or MIDI mapping to minimize/maximize button on the module control bar.
  • Hey!Cliché!

by Hey!Cliché! » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:05 am

I use a dozen modules in performances, and I've found the best thing to do is go and adjust the size of some of the modules. By doing this I am able to keep all modules open and up front at any given time, and it acts more like a traditional interface.
    Hey! Cliché! video club
  • mowgli_uk
    master

by mowgli_uk » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:27 pm

aren't the workspaces 1-8 exactly for this kind of thing?
  • newdendrite

by newdendrite » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:05 pm

The workspaces function is not documented in the User Manual (a search in the PDF file fails to find it). After experimenting with it, I see its value. Thanks very much for pointing this out!

Resizing the module with the editor may also be helpful in the future. Right now there is no empty space on the screen, though. A combination of resizing and use of the workspace command is probably the best answer.

Thanks again for your help.

Michael