Infos about MotionPath (layer) ?
  • Paul Sellis

Infos about MotionPath (layer) ?

by Paul Sellis » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:43 pm

Hi,

I am discovering the MotionPath (layer) module because I need to animate a layer across my display. I am not sure but I suppose that it is the best module to do that.

But is there a tutorial for this module because, if I have understood a part of the functionalities, I must confess that some are confused for me.

Also I can't make a layer cross completely my 16/9 display (even if in Preferences I have 16/9 also for Preview Panel).
    It's also hard for me to get a fluid move. Mine is almost choppy even if I reduce Global speed.

If you have any infos, please could you help me?
    :roll:
  • ilan

by ilan » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 am

If you want to move the layer only in a straight line, try to use the Lay'Animator_0 1(layer) module. All you have to do is place the layer wherever you want it, record its position and then set another position, record and then press play.
  • Paul Sellis

by Paul Sellis » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:45 am

Thank you for your answer.
    I tested the Lay'Animator_0 1(layer) module and got a complete crossing of my screens (tried on a 3x 4:3). Unfortunately, as for MotionPath (layer) module, I got a little bit choppy movement. I tried to reduce speed but couldn't go for a duration superior than 100...

How could I get a smooth move ?
  • ilan

by ilan » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:02 am

Questions:

- Do you get the same choppy movement when using the animation FX?
    - What is the hardware configuration of your computer? RAM? video card? Mac Pro? MacBook Pro?
  • Paul Sellis

by Paul Sellis » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:30 am

Yes same thing with animation FX:
    in fact the movement is almost smoothly but I notice very slight stops (or jumps in the movement direction)

I have a MacBookPro Intel Core 2 Duo 2,4 GHz with RAM 4 Go and NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
  • ilan

by ilan » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:47 am

And what are your settings or memory in the preferences?
  • Paul Sellis

by Paul Sellis » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:58 am

Thanks for your patience.

In Preferences I have the standard ones for Medias: 30MBytes, 80% and 128 MBytes
    But were you speaking of that?

In my test I use a new project with only a layer with Modul8 Testcard on it.
    MacBookPro Intel Core 2 Duo 2,4 GHz with RAM 4 Go and NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
  • Paul Sellis

by Paul Sellis » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:38 am

I said something wrong?...
    :oops:
    MacBookPro Intel Core 2 Duo 2,4 GHz with RAM 4 Go and NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
  • ilan

by ilan » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:02 am

Hello Paul,

I am so sorry. Very busy times.

Can you please send a message to support at garagecube dot com and I will bring our programmer in to consult on this situation.