BCF2000 beta module settings saving
    Valparaiiso
    activ8 member

BCF2000 beta module settings saving

by Valparaiiso » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Hello,

I use a BCF2000 to control M8 and I like it. I start to use bcf2000 beta module and I have a big problem with it.
    First I'd like to say that I make a copy, rename it, and work on this copy of module.
    I set it, everything works right. I save my m8 document, quit m8.
    When I restart M8 and "my" module, its initialize itself and all my settings are gone.
    Is there a simple way to save my settings correctly ? * ** ***

Thanks.

* Yes, I already took a look INTO the script and tried to blank or cut what seemed the right stuff to me. I stopped. :arrow:

** Yes I use OSCulator sometimes, but it is hard and long to build a serious routing table, and I'm not using it yet the way I would :(. The module is easier to set with the "pick keyword" function .

*** Yes I would be very :lol: if someone of the M8 Dream Team would be so kind to offer us a HUGE non beta "BCF2000" module with user presets, user labels and user ranging values possibilities. :wink:
  • eretron

by eretron » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:22 am

I have the same problem...

Is there any way to save edited BCF2000 Beta SetUp?

Thanks in advance
    ---
    --
    -
  • te-c
    super8 member

by te-c » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:16 pm

I have a beta-Version of Vibbers module for midi-feedback. It works very well. There are only some small problems with the activity of the light of the buttons but it works for all midi controllers.
    There you can save all settings as default or specially for a project.

Vibber if you read this, they are all waiting for your module. I think it's perfect enough to work with. Maybe you can send it to the public library?
    /// Chuck Goldfinger ::: Live Visuals Frankfurt /// VJing, Videomapping, Stagedesign, Photography, Graphic Design and more based in Rhein-Main area ::: by bk-Art.org ///
  • mowgli_uk
    master

by mowgli_uk » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:50 pm

MIDI feedback!
    pleeeeeeeeeeease Vibber if you're watching....
  • mowgli_uk
    master

by mowgli_uk » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:59 pm

MIDI feedback!
    pleeeeeeeeeeease Vibber if you're watching....
  • Vibber
    super8 member

by Vibber » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:52 pm

OK I'm watching. I'm currently brushing it off after it's been on pause for some months. Hang on guys :-D
  • Vibber
    super8 member

by Vibber » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:01 pm

OK here it is. I have released the first version of the 'Two way midi module' now.
    The module is in the online library and there's an intro video and a FAQ here:

http://www.udart.dk/2010/11/25/two-way- ... or-modul8/

Best regards
    -Vibeke
  • te-c
    super8 member

by te-c » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:11 pm

Vibeke you're the greatest!!!!

One question, if I update the module what's up with my settings of the beta version, are they lost and I have to configure the module again or they are stored?
    /// Chuck Goldfinger ::: Live Visuals Frankfurt /// VJing, Videomapping, Stagedesign, Photography, Graphic Design and more based in Rhein-Main area ::: by bk-Art.org ///
  • Vibber
    super8 member

by Vibber » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:25 pm

I'm afraid you'll loose your settings. The beta sored all settings inside the module as far as I recall. And it had no way of moving them.

In the final version there is two modes 'default' and 'project'. When using default mode the settings are still stored inside the module but when using project mode the settings are stored in the project file.

You might be able to do a bit of trickery with a text editor as the modules are basically just text based XML files.
  • te-c
    super8 member

by te-c » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:32 pm

OK I will do it this weekend when I've got my controller back in my hands.