Layer Contextual Module - refreshing states on layer changes
    lotech
    ultim8 member

Layer Contextual Module - refreshing states on layer changes

by lotech » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:43 am

I'm attempting to improve my (LT) Clip Control module and am once again getting lost on the code side of things.

My module is layer contextual and displays a bunch of info and controls for the current selected clip.

Right now when you select another layer, the thumbnails and meta info change with no problems but other buttons don't recall their settings. Can I force (on layer change) to refresh modul8.getValue and then set the buttons states based on the results?
    An example - Say if I have a layer running at 50% (0.12) speed but I then change the speed in the main panel to 100% (0.25) this doesn't get updated on my modules speed dial.
    Ideally I would like it when select a new layer, the module rereads the ctrl_layer_movie_speedFactor value and then sets the dials value accordingly.

So my question is, with contextual layer modules, is there 'on new layer select' part where I can stick the necessary, read this value, insert in this object' code?
    Is this what PererocicalEvent is for?

So many questions, so few answers.
    ghostofelvis100
    activ8 member

by ghostofelvis100 » Sat May 14, 2011 2:08 pm

Hiya,

Yes indeed there is a way, you'll have to run some code through the keywords script, which is where the info comes back.

ie

if keywords == 'ctrl_layer_speed':
    module.setValue('speedKnob',param, 0)

or something like that

But, anyway check this out, as you may be embarking on something I've been working on for a long time.

http://www.blackearthmedia.co.uk/collected/Collected_Consciousness/Modul8/Entries/2011/5/4_Gener8_-_The_Manual.html

Andy T.