• oicho

editing a module basic help

by oicho » Fri May 06, 2011 4:04 am

im missing something really basic i am sure
    but i just cant figure how to edit a module let alone build from scratch

ok as an example
    i need a basic 9 button module to assign colors to midi notes for mapping
    exactly like the first 4 buttons in the DC-nothing module
    i access it via the editor but cant see any script etc that assigns the 4 existing buttons
    to the corresponding colors
    i thought i would be able to cut'n'past'n[alter a la HTML
    but i am stumped
    any help would be great
    lotech
    ultim8 member

by lotech » Fri May 06, 2011 5:46 am

The Editor is broken up in to 3 parts - Visual, Script and Info. They're accessed via the 3 buttons at the bottom.
    All the real work done by most modules is in the Script section, once you're in there use the down menu up top to select the various sorts scripts (init, onevent....).
    That should get you started.
  • ilan

by ilan » Fri May 06, 2011 1:43 pm

The DC-nothing module does not use any scripts.

Here is a little explanation that will help you understand how these buttons work...

- For this example select the existing 'blue' button
    - At the top of the module editor click on 'keyword connect'

Slightly below and to the left of the 'keyword connect' you will see a pop up menu labeled 'Map 1'

To the right of this you will see the inset area where it says 'To:' followed by a field with the keyword that the button is using. In my instance it is 'ctrl_layer_color_modulateR'

This keyword is for controlling the red of the '-' part of post colorization of a layer.

Below the 'browse' button you will see the 'Expression' field and in the field you will see that the value we are sending to the keyword is '0' meaning that when we click on the 'blue' button the red will be reduced to zero, removing all of the red from the image in the layer.

- Go back to the pop-up menu and select 'Map 2'

You will notice that the keyword changes from 'ctrl_layer_color_modulateR'
    to 'ctrl_layer_color_modulateG'with its value being '0' as well.

If you select 'Map 3' then you will see that the keyword is 'ctrl_layer_color_modulateB' and its value is '1' because we only want blue in the image of the layer.

By duplicating the button and changing the values of each of these keyword maps you can create a custom color

Extra tips:

- You can create up to 10 different maps for a button to perform any action in Modul8 that you need to have happen with a single button click. All buttons can be mapped with midi

- Below the keyword field you will see a pop-up menu with the label 'In' to its left. In this instance it is set to 'Active Layer' meaning that the buttons created will control the currently selected layer. If you click on the menu you will see a listing, 'All Layers', 'Layer 1', 'Layer 2', etc. This allows you to create buttons for layer specific tasks.

Hope this is helpful.[/b][/i]