Movie Scratching with sound input
  • bareimage
    activ8 member

Movie Scratching with sound input

by bareimage » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:31 pm

Hello, I have been thinking about creating modul that can take sound levels and scratches video based on sound. Has this been done?
  • bareimage
    activ8 member

by bareimage » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:05 pm

Looking at the source of the 1.6 Filter it dose not seem hard to get the sound values translated into the movie positions...
    lotech
    ultim8 member

by lotech » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:45 am

You can kinda do that with my module (LT) Clip Control. Theres an ability to adjust speed or playhead position via audio in.
  • bareimage
    activ8 member

by bareimage » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:00 am

lotech wrote:You can kinda do that with my module (LT) Clip Control. Theres an ability to adjust speed or playhead position via audio in.

I have another question is there a way to render hd footage with sound recorded. For now I am using syphon recoder, since capture to disk dose not work well with HD clips
    lotech
    ultim8 member

by lotech » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:53 am

Short answer no. Long answer yes if you use an external, probably expensive HD capture device (BlackMagic Dongle/Card or similar).
  • Lupin
    garageCube team

by Lupin » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:02 pm

f your sounds comes from Live you can write a midi event when the audio starts and use a flash as video sync like a clapperboard. and then sync it back with your editing software
    Gael Abegg Gauthey (former known as Lupin)
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/abegg-gauthey/
  • bareimage
    activ8 member

by bareimage » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:20 pm

Lupin wrote:f your sounds comes from Live you can write a midi event when the audio starts and use a flash as video sync like a clapperboard. and then sync it back with your editing software

Fun Idea... For now I am using syphon recorder for this. It seems to be much faster then built-in system
  • bareimage
    activ8 member

by bareimage » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:27 pm

Lupin wrote:f your sounds comes from Live you can write a midi event when the audio starts and use a flash as video sync like a clapperboard. and then sync it back with your editing software

Fun Idea... For now I am using syphon recorder for this. It seems to be much faster then built-in system
    ghostofelvis100
    activ8 member

by ghostofelvis100 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:39 am

bareimage wrote:Looking at the source of the 1.6 Filter it dose not seem hard to get the sound values translated into the movie positions...

Hey, I made an update to the filter mod a while back, with an audio input. You'll find it in the public library. (at) Filter (layer) v1.6

But you'd be better off using the sound router mod I made, and routing the audio to the scratch position. Also in the public library.

(at) Sound Router (layer)

As I remember it didn't look too fantastic as the audio signal usually jumps around so erratically that it just makes no sense. However, there's a threshold option on the mod, so with a bit of tweaking you might be able to get what you're after.