Need code for special rotary action
  • KjellV

Need code for special rotary action

by KjellV » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:52 pm

I will try my best to explain the idea:

The goal is to make a module that contains rotary knobs for all layer bound rotaries in the main module. I will now give an example of how those knobs should work.
    I use my midi controller to set for instance blur level with the rotary in the module (the module always changes the ACTIVE layer). Then I go to another layer and change the blur level there. Now if I want to go back to that first layer and I change the blur level again it will make a sudden jump because the knob on my panel was still set to the second layer.
    My solution to that, given that my controller does not have talkback functionality, is that the knob in the module only starts changing the value of an attribute in the active layer once it's reached the current value. You sort of have to "pick the knob up" at the value it is first at.

Does anyone have an idea as to what kind of code I could use?
    If the explanation is not clear but you would like to help please tell me so and i'll explain it again!
  • Lupin
    garageCube team

by Lupin » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:56 pm

just check the layer contextual checkbox in the Module Attributes header.
    Gael Abegg Gauthey (former known as Lupin)
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/abegg-gauthey/
  • KjellV

by KjellV » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:24 pm

That is not the solution I need, because then the "value jumps" would still occur.