BPM sequencer suggestion
  • freakowen

BPM sequencer suggestion

by freakowen » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:46 am

Hi VJ_JeSs

I love the bpm sequencer you built - it's come in really handy, so thanks very much for sharing it :D

just a small suggestion (I don't know my arse from my elbow when it comes to programing hence this being a suggestion and not me attempting it ;) ) is it possible to have some presets, say 5 that you can save your patterns in?

for example:
    1 - ABCD
    2 - DCBA
    3 - AABB
    4 - CCDD
    5 - CABD

if the preset buttons are midi/key assignable you could then hit a button to change your sequence to the next one on the same BPM, what would be really sweet is if you could set it to either do it instantly or to wait until number 1 in the next sequence.

I've tried doing a similar thing using two versions of the sequencer and it get's really difficult to keep them in synch and at the same bmp without tripping up over yourself.

not sure whether the above is a 30 second job or utterly impossible - there are amoeba on saturn with better promgraming skills (ie. some) than me.

as I say, it's a great module and I'm loving using it so far

Thanks again :)
    VJ_JeSs
    activ8 member

by VJ_JeSs » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:50 am

Hi freakowen
    Well I'm sure its possible (I'm no programming genius either, or I would have programmed modul8 and made millions !!! ha ha ha :twisted: )
    Looking at the code for the "transformer" module would help me a lot.
    But unfortunately I have NO time for programming at the moment. Too many other projects running.
    But as soon as I can get back to it I'll consider adding that feature. In the mean time, if anyone wants to have a look at the BPM sequencer to try and mod it, well "go for it"

Have fun !!
    lego_man
    ultim8 member

by lego_man » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:16 pm

where is this module I don't find it on the public library...
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:54 pm

actually this module is too big for the online library... boris put it on the server and add a link on the forum somewhere... try to search in the modules forum, the name of the thread must sounds like BPM sequencer

[EDIT]
    http://www.garagecube.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2084#2084