How to track colours
  • ArmInSky

How to track colours

by ArmInSky » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:44 pm

Hello ,

did anybody know how to track colours of a video file in modul8 ...

cheers
    sigmasix
    master

Re: How to track colours

by sigmasix » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:01 pm

It's not possible… Modul8 doesn't allow pixel analysis. If you changed the post colorize effect, you can have that info. Is it for a dmx situation? I think you'll better use a LED Mapper application in order to do what you want.
    The Midi Thief
    master

Re: How to track colours

by The Midi Thief » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:22 pm

If you need to use Modul8 with this analysis then look into doing the color sampling either before or after Modul8. There is probably hardware for doing this (not sure if that's what Sigmasix is refering to?) or do it by sending or receiving to/from Syphon. If you want the color to be based on your final output you could send your final output via Syphon to Quartz Composer or Processing (the processing Syphon support is only in it's developing stage but I think you can get it working) and have either of those apps sending the final output to the screen(s). In theory you can do the analysis before coming to Modul8 but it won't be based on your final composition in M8 and you will have to use the QC Rehab trick to get Syphon input and that is a bit slower. Either way both my QC and Processing suggestions means that you will have to write code but there are probably good examples to use as a starting point. Just note that the time you put on doing this could end up being worth more than buying/renting the proper hardware.