Modul8 - Lemur Template *update
  • lamepantallas
    ultim8 member

Modul8 - Lemur Template *update

by lamepantallas » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:18 pm

I have updated my M8 template for Lemur iPad.

In my setup I use the following modules which have been included in the template:

LT´s QuickFX
    LT´sLive Preview 4.7
    Preview Window Mapper
    BPM Global
    BPM Master Router

http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/162/

Cheers from Honduras!

gabbo
    No se quien soy, pero se de que huyo. M.Montaigne
    Twitter: @popversus / @esegabbo
  • Quickshift

Re: Modul8 - Lemur Template *update

by Quickshift » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:36 am

Thanks!

This was a big help in getting my first template together, used a lot of your design and modified it to suit my needs :)

Question though, have u been able to get realtime feedback from modul8 to the iPad? i get feedback when it's requested, but i don't have buttons changing colors by themselves by anymeans with the 2Way Midi plugin.
  • lamepantallas
    ultim8 member

by lamepantallas » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:37 pm

Great! Share it when you have finished your template:)

Regarding feedback, I haven't been able yet, have not explored thoroughly

Cheers!

g.
    No se quien soy, pero se de que huyo. M.Montaigne
    Twitter: @popversus / @esegabbo
  • zeburock

by zeburock » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:14 am

Hi,
    I just found your template here for the lemur and modul8, was wondering if you have the midi mapping (exported from modul8)? Is that available for download too??
    That'd be great - better than having to guess and map it.
    Thanks! -Zeb
    broken
    super8 member

by broken » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:49 pm

zeburock wrote:Hi,
    I just found your template here for the lemur and modul8, was wondering if you have the midi mapping (exported from modul8)? Is that available for download too??
    Thanks! -Zeb

Pretty sure the mapping is done via OSC messages (built into the lemur template)

Should be able to just run the OSC module in modul8 (don't run the lemur daemon) and set the IP addresses and ports.
  • zeburock

by zeburock » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:58 pm

broken wrote:
    Thanks! -Zeb

Pretty sure the mapping is done via OSC messages (built into the lemur template)

Should be able to just run the OSC module in modul8 (don't run the lemur daemon) and set the IP addresses and ports.

Hey thanks for your reply - I finally got a chance to try this out. I could see midi coming in from the Lemur app using midi monitor, via OSC - but Modul8 wasn't responding with any parameter changes... yes I did have the OSC module open and running

Are you sure that is how it works? Can you try it, and if working post details about the setup, please?

Thanks again for your help so far, =Z
    broken
    super8 member

by broken » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:54 pm

zeburock wrote:
    broken wrote:
    Thanks! -Zeb

Hey thanks for your reply - I finally got a chance to try this out. I could see midi coming in from the Lemur app using midi monitor, via OSC - but Modul8 wasn't responding with any parameter changes... yes I did have the OSC module open and running

Are you sure that is how it works? Can you try it, and if working post details about the setup, please?

Thanks again for your help so far, =Z

My apologies.. I took a guess based on the steps I took with another lemur template and assumed this one would be the same.

I tried this one out and while modul8 receives the messages in the OSC log and transmits, the template does not control nor receive the modul8 interface with just the OSC module.
    Perhaps Osculator is used in this instance to translate the messages rather than directly interfacing with modul8? Anyone know?

I personally use a modified version of this template - http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/301/ (had to remove the position controls as my syphon output is larger than it allows and it snaps back to the x/y of the ipad)
    and can confirm it works great with just the OSC module.

Hope that helps, and sorry for the confusion!
  • zeburock

by zeburock » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:54 pm

broken wrote:I personally use a modified version of this template - http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/301/ (had to remove the position controls as my syphon output is larger than it allows and it snaps back to the x/y of the ipad)
    and can confirm it works great with just the OSC module.

Hope that helps, and sorry for the confusion!

Hey thanks for confirming, too bad it doesn't seem to be ready and rigged... and thanks too for the great template reference. That does certainly look like a decent build, I'll give it a shot!
    =Z
  • fiumichino

by fiumichino » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:40 pm

Hi,

I confirm I have tried both versions of POPVJ-2.jzml and no one works on M8 v2.8, but they send/receive from the script output.

I´m using Wavilox.jzml and everything is ok.

Have you checked out your template?