LB - Media In Layer From MIDI Notes
    leolodreamland

LB - Media In Layer From MIDI Notes

by leolodreamland » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:52 am

the module triggers the layers at 0% opacity nearly always... why does opacity even come into it? i thought it just triggered the layer to be active, and the corresponding media. is it sending cc messages? i know velocity changes the start position but there are no options for opacity and no mention of it in the video.

Re: LB - Media In Layer From MIDI Notes

by vanakaru » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:28 pm

0 opacity means also stop video while 0.1% starts its play already. As far as I understand this is the only way to stop clip play on layer(and it starts again from beginning). I have used this module specially for this feature to be able to trigger AND start the clip on specific layer.
    leolodreamland

by leolodreamland » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:38 pm

hey i worked it out and it's just me being an idiot... i wiped my midi maps and it's all ok. the problem is, all my midi maps are generally on channel 1, not 11-16, which have been left spare.
    this module should have an option to choose which channels to use... e.g. 2-11, 7-16 or whatever so we don't have to start all over again with our nicely mapped controllers...

by vanakaru » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:05 pm

MIDI is old but very reliable protocol(compared to OSC). It is really sad that after so many requests MIDI implementation in M8 is so poor still. You should have been able to edit what note or CC on what channel in every instance ADDITION to current listen/click system from the start. But for some reason caragecube never bothered to sort it out. At least we have saving the map option finally. It is big help. I recommend to use this every time you map something but with caution - it will not load everything always (but better that than nothing).
    leolodreamland

by leolodreamland » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:14 pm

well the media in layer module is nice cos it doesn't need to be mapped - this probably why i haven't used ableton to trigger media before, in fact i never trigger media, just use projects i've prebuilt and fade between layer sets. this module makes it very easy, it just needs some channel options...