Midi trigger Delays
  • willzz32

Midi trigger Delays

by willzz32 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi All

I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction for a script that allows a delay on triggering layers.

I'm sending multiple midi messages to m8 to trigger banks ,layers and fx within a cue system but i need the layer on to be delayed so as to allow the media to reset to the top via my module and then turn on the layer ,a delay of about 40ms is needed.

Hope someone can help

Cheers
  • vanakaru
    master

Re: Midi trigger Delays

by vanakaru » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:48 am

What it is that you trigger MIDI with? If it is software so all fine tuning with it before sending to M8. Many controllers allow you to tune MIDI(envelopes) as well.
  • willzz32

by willzz32 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:24 pm

My midi trigger software is custom built using synth maker, but relies on the internal windows timers which are not accurate enough for precise midi triggering. Thus i need to have stable timings and was hoping that some code within m8 would be able to do this and be more stable.
    I am having to send unto 10 groups of midi messages per cue and these need to be in the correct order and timing.
    EG Reset media to start,turn on fade,select fx,turn on layer.
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:31 am

willzz32 wrote:My midi trigger software is custom built using synth maker, but relies on the internal windows timers which are not accurate enough for precise midi triggering. Thus i need to have stable timings and was hoping that some code within m8 would be able to do this and be more stable.
    I am having to send unto 10 groups of midi messages per cue and these need to be in the correct order and timing.
    EG Reset media to start,turn on fade,select fx,turn on layer.

With this level of complexity I would not even bother to look into M8. Midi in Modul8 is very basic.
    Check Isadora(troikatronix.com) that is what I am using for creative MIDI triggering.
  • willzz32

by willzz32 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:20 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I have it working fine for this level of complexity and to be honest its not that complex its midi. I just would like to know the code as I've not started to look in to code yet.

I am just looking for an alternate way to delay triggers instead of the midi delay.

I am running 2 module 8's at the same time in to syphon doubler to give multiple layers from both an all cued through to mapper.

If i can sort this code for a delay (maybe a simple run count script it would work fine ).

Cheers
    VJFranzK
    super8 member

by VJFranzK » Thu May 03, 2012 3:46 am

you could build a Module which has button for trigger, and then waits a certain amount ( knob adjustable ) and then triggers a layer.

I used to have a custom module to re-route my chosen MIDI control surface like this...

The other "brute force" way is just to edit in some delay manually to your video clips!
    then use the loop start and end to do fine adjustments.

Running 2 Modul8's at once - doesn't that tax your processor pretty heavily? This could contribute to timing issues
    youtube.com/vjfranzk
    Subscribe! ;-)