Introducing the (tmt) Lock Layers xy module
    The Midi Thief
    master

Introducing the (tmt) Lock Layers xy module

by The Midi Thief » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:08 am

I just uploaded a module called "(tmt) Lock Layers xy" to the public section of the online library. It's a module I did over a year ago and sent it to Lupin and Deepvisuals for testing. Today I polished it a bit and published it.

There is no way of locking a layer in Module which is frustrating if you are doing something where the position of the layer is very important. Like for instance a video mapping project. There is also no way of coding a module that cancels the position event so the best we can do is checking if you moved something and then switch it back to the previous position. It's a pretty ugly solution since you will see the object move and when you release it the object will snap back. But it's better than nothing and it can really save the day.

The module is layer contextual which means that the module will lock the active layer. But the "All layers" button will lock/unlock all layers visible in the Module interface. It does however not effect non visible layer sets. Enjoy!
  • ilan

Re: Introducing the (tmt) Lock Layers xy module

by ilan » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi TMT,

I finally got a chance to take a look at your module. Very nifty.

One suggestion would be to add functionality so that any parameter that is accidentally modified jumps back to the parameter that was set prior to the layer being locked. I imagine this is a ton of work and perhaps very intensive. But still very useful if only for locking basic things that generally have a very visible result such as speed, scale and colors.

As always, nice work with your modules. Fine additions to the public library section.
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:55 am

Thanks Mr. Katin!
    I had a version with more lockable variables but I decided to go with this simple solution in the end. I would have to think hard if it's a good idea to lock everything. On one hand, the serialization/deserialization of the Dictionary might be a bitch but if I just pull a list of ALL keywords I might be able to automate that whole process. Just thinking out loud. But it would get pretty messy module if you want to lock one value but not lock another.
    gmint
    ultim8 member

by gmint » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:40 pm

This is EFFING GENIUS.
    DJ G Mint

www.MidwestDJs.com • [url=https://]www.minidj.com[/url]