MIDI REAL_TIME_CLOCK
    The Midi Thief
    master

MIDI REAL_TIME_CLOCK

by The Midi Thief » Mon May 15, 2006 9:30 am

I have a device called Red Micro Sync Time Code extractor. It messures the BMP from from the sound input and puts out a MIDI Real Time Clock signal. I would like to use this MIDI signal to control several devices, where Modul8 is one of them. I need help and idéas on how to use the MIDI Real Time Clock message in a module.

The device outputs this message repeatedly:

{'message': 'REAL_TIME_CLOCK', 'param1': 0, 'rawEvent': 248, 'channel': 0, 'param2': 0}

My understanding is that the pace of the incomming MIDI message is the timing itself (since there are no other parameters in the MIDI message that changes along with a BPM change in the music). My idea was to messure the the time between the incomming messages by sing DirectEvent to capture the incomming MIDI message and Periodical Event (elapsed) to get the time passed between two MIDI events. But the results I get are slightly uneven and doesn't change according to the BPM. I need some help and ideas on how to come up with a better concept for this, since I might be out thre inte blue with my current one.