Interconnecting modules or controlling modules via OSC
    donuan

Interconnecting modules or controlling modules via OSC

by donuan » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:27 pm

hi community brain(s)!
    i keep banging my head against this issue and i thought i would try to ask for some help.

can you control modules that are not part of the basic interface through OSC?.

if not, is there a way to interconnect different actions? such as mapping a slider to an action performed in the interface (i. e. selected layer media/ media set).

i am guessing that my problem could be resolved in various ways so if any one has a solution not related to the specific question this would also be very helpful. here is the description of what i am attempting to do:

we are making an interactive installation consisting of a physical interface and projections triggered by modul8. the content projected is depending on the user interaction, which we capture from various sensors such as a laser to measure position and a microphone to measure voice etc.
    the sensors are sending data to processing, and processing in turn triggers OSC messages sent to modul8 to control the layer media and the media set selected.
    here is where the problem comes in,
    we would like to use a DMX light for dynamic illumination.
    so that we can have the space illuminated when no one is using the installation and to fade the light out when the installation is active (not to disturb the projection).
    I was thinking to control the light with one of the dmx modules, but i would need to be able to automate it (as the installation will not be manned).
    does anyone know how I could do that?
    the options i was thinking about are the ones mentioned above but i do not know if that would be possible.

i would be very thankful for any help on the subject!
    thanks
    sigmasix
    master

Re: Interconnecting modules or controlling modules via OSC

by sigmasix » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:12 pm

You can send content from one module to the other this way:
    http://www.modul8.ch/documentation/modu ... nary_1-3-2

Or you can use the "KeywordEvent()" function of your module to get all the messages from controls used in the md8 interface. I didn't test if this function was triggered when you change interfaces controls using OSC, but I think it might.