. new keywords in modul8 ?

Modules and scripting

Moderator: Garagecube

. new keywords in modul8 ?

Postby anomad » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:45 am

. i was checking out the awesome 'Wave Transformer' module and had to look at the code to see how it was done. i came across :

modul8.setValue('direct_layer_transformer_patch_sinusX_on', waveX,0)

. were new keywords added to moudl8? i don't think i've seen those before…

-james
(a nomad. )
anomad
master

Re: . new keywords in modul8 ?

Postby lotech » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:57 pm

More keywords would always be good. The reason I gave up learning module creation was the lack of a couple of keywords which should be there. If we're not going to get new features at least give us the keywords to improve the app ourselves!
lotech
ultim8 member

Postby anomad » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:29 am

. well, apparently the keywords aren't that new (i had them listed in a file somewhere from ~2009, from v2.6)

. i found these (which i would have expected to see in 'ctrl_layer_transformer_particle_' but are not in the UI - so maybe they're global? ) :

direct_layer_transformer = "Transformers.";
direct_layer_transformer_particle = "Transormer particle.";
direct_layer_transformer_particle_localColor = "Change the color of the next particles to be created. Possible values go from 0.0 to 1.0";
direct_layer_transformer_particle_localColor_aditiveB = "Local blue channel additive the particle system. Possible values go from 0.0 to 1.0";
direct_layer_transformer_particle_localColor_aditiveG = "Local green channel additive the particle system. Possible values go from 0.0 to 1.0";
direct_layer_transformer_particle_localColor_aditiveR = "Local red channel additive the particle system. Possible values go from 0.0 to 1.0";

direct_layer_transformer_particle_localColor_modulateA = "Local alpha channel modulate the particle system. Possible values go from 0.0 to 1.0";
direct_layer_transformer_particle_localColor_modulateB = "Local blue channel modulate the particle system. Possible values go from 0.0 to 1.0";
direct_layer_transformer_particle_localColor_modulateG = "Local green channel modulate the particle system. Possible values go from 0.0 to 1.0";
direct_layer_transformer_particle_localColor_modulateR = "Local red channel modulate the particle system. Possible values go from 0.0 to 1.0";

direct_layer_transformer_particle_localPosition = "Defines the position of the particle emitter.";
direct_layer_transformer_particle_localPosition_x = "Local x position of the particle system. Possible values goes from -N to +N where N is a pixel value.";
direct_layer_transformer_particle_localPosition_y = "Local y position of the particle system. Possible values goes from -N to +N where N is a pixel value.";
direct_layer_transformer_particle_localPosition_z = "Local z position of the particle system. Possible values goes from -N to +N where N is a pixel value.";

. so, if you're using the 'Transformer' -> 'Particle' item, you can mix things up a little :)

-james
(a nomad. )
anomad
master

Postby Kasztanek » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:06 pm

@UP
Kasztanek

Return to Modules