Create custom video input API via Module?
  • Invisible Ray

Create custom video input API via Module?

by Invisible Ray » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:08 pm

I have been spending a lot of time lately doing research on video input options for M8.

There are some really cool miniature cameras from Ximea and Point Grey (now FLiR), but I don't know if M8 natively supports industry streaming protocols like USB3Vision or opencv.

If there is a python implementation of a streaming API for a camera, is it possible to write a module that can send the video stream to the M8 video inputs?
  • anomad
    master

Re: Create custom video input API via Module?

by anomad » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:38 pm

Invisible Ray wrote:There are some really cool miniature cameras from Ximea and Point Grey (now FLiR), but I don't know if M8 natively supports industry streaming protocols like USB3Vision or opencv.

If there is a python implementation of a streaming API for a camera, is it possible to write a module that can send the video stream to the M8 video inputs?

. i'm pretty sure Modul8 doesn't support those industry streaming protocols.

. i don't think python would be the way to go either (see: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9326 ) - however, i would recommend looking for a program that could convert those streams to syphon output and send that into Modul8 instead.

-james
    (a nomad. )