Any plans to engineer a "broadcast quality" Modul8
  • xno

Any plans to engineer a "broadcast quality" Modul8

by xno » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:47 am

First of all, Boris, Ives, and Garagecube, Modul8 absolutely KICKS ASS in so many ways... None of the previous VJing software I´ve purchased comes close to Garagecube´s in terms of stability, performance and elegance of design. Thanks so much for my Mapping license...

I do commercial video for a living and I have used a couple of times your software for producing quick mixes of cool sound-reacting background textures and graphical elements for corporate videos.

I am aware of the direct-to-disk recording function in Modul8, but my results (in a powerbook) are not so great, either the performance or the recording suffers from dropped frames. So I record directly to a DVD and extract the resulting MPEG clips to import them in my After Effects project and mix them in my final project.

It would be great to have a "high end" version of Modul8 whith the capacity of being used not only as a live performance instrument, but also as a postproduction tool, such as Apple´s Motion. Mixing and effecting high res, uncompressed video in real time would save a lot of time and make this kind of work more fun and interesting.

I´d certainly buy a "Modul8 Pro" license!!!

Best,

Arturo
    Record>Splinter>Scramble
    www.xnografikz.com
    boris
    garageCube team

by boris » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:31 am

You need to use the logical record it works pretty well on the next version 2.5 (coming soon).
    In any resolutions.

Best,
    Boris.
    Boris * garageCube team
  • xno

Logical Recorder

by xno » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:23 pm

OK I guess I´ll try it in my Powermac for best results. Another question...will 2.5 be able to record clips with audio?

Best,

Arturo
    Record>Splinter>Scramble
    www.xnografikz.com
    boris
    garageCube team

Re: Logical Recorder

by boris » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:59 pm

No sorry. :?

xno wrote:will 2.5 be able to record clips with audio?
    Boris * garageCube team