G5 help required
  • mr_coops

G5 help required

by mr_coops » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:31 pm

I've got 2 problems firstly Modul8 has stopped recognising any sound input.
    I've used sunflower previously to sort this and it woprked fine, but only the once :? as that stopped working I decided to put the sound direct into my computer but to no avail. The sound input for sound in is recognising input but I can't get modul8 to 'hear' it.

also I'm wanting to stream live video to my website, I know I can't do this directly through modul8 but was thinking I could use my video camera to stream if i project it :idea: But I've no idea how to go about that there is a website which does it for you http://www.veodia.com for those interested. ut it doesn't support older macs only the intel ones. I've heard something about quicktime streaming server but don't know anything about it can anyone help?

cheers guys
  • mr_coops

by mr_coops » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:39 pm

Forget the sound issue that was an ID10T error.
    I forgot to turn up the sound in knob, doh! :roll:
    but still need help in regards to streaming please
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:29 am

Quicktime Streaming Server is a bit hard to set up and you need a strong connection to use it correctly.. so don't install it on your computer

You can also find a Quicktime Streamin Server somewhere on the web and use quicktime broadcaster to send your audio/video to the streaming server. (If you find one, cheap, tell me, I'm interested ;) )

There's also a website that does streaming in flash for free http://operator11.com (similar to veodia actually but 100%free)

good luck
  • mr_coops

by mr_coops » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:25 pm

Thanks I'll have a look into it and let you know my findings :)