Movie clip organizer - need your help
  • Donleavy

Movie clip organizer - need your help

by Donleavy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:46 pm

As a part of my final project on the IT university in Copenhagen, I am making a
    software program that can organize my movie clips. The basic functions that I want to
    make are these:

I want to be able to tag my movie clips.
    I want to able to choose a range of movie clips quickly and send them to my VJ
    program.

I can very much use your input, so I have prepared a couple of questions that I hope
    you can find the time to answer. I will use your answers as inspiration for my software
    program and as a part of the written assignment.

I can really use your help!

I am aware that your answers may vary according to the type of show you are referring
    to (eg. live jazz, DJs, etc.), so it would be nice if you could put this in a parenthesis,
    i.e. (dance, DJs)

1: How often do you import new movie clips during the show?

2: How do you add movie clips during a show? Do you drag the files to your program
    from the finder / explorer windows or do you use the import option in your VJ
    program? (Or in some other way?)

3: Do you import new movie clips when you notice that the music changes in some
    way? If so, do you feel that this is easily and quickly done?

4: When you add movie clips during (or before) the music plays, how do you decide
    which clips to add? Do you try to find clips that match the music and if so, how? Do
    you listen for particular elements like tempo, genre, etc. that you try to recreate in
    your choice of visuals - or do have a completely different approach to choosing clips?

5: How do you categorize your movie clips? (Please include screenshots if you have
    the time)

6: What do you think about your VJ program's ability to organize movie clips? What
    program are you using?

7: Which features would you like to include in a software program made to organize
    your movie clips and to make them quickly accessible?

/Donleavy
  • movebandit

by movebandit » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:34 am

am aware that your answers may vary according to the type of show you are referring
    to (eg. live jazz, DJs, etc.), so it would be nice if you could put this in a parenthesis,
    i.e. (dance, DJs)

-mainly Djs,some live shows

1: How often do you import new movie clips during the show?

I Always try to be prepare all the media before the show and the witch between different shows7 Software

2: How do you add movie clips during a show? Do you drag the files to your program
    from the finder / explorer windows or do you use the import option in your VJ
    program? (Or in some other way?)

Drag n Drop

3: Do you import new movie clips when you notice that the music changes in some
    way? If so, do you feel that this is easily and quickly done?

Not in Modul8 (Sorry guys ;-) ) Never seen A program with easy access. Made a lot of Resolume Decks with all kind of thematical orders (Like: Music Style, Colour, Grafic Style etc.)

4: When you add movie clips during (or before) the music plays, how do you decide
    which clips to add? Do you try to find clips that match the music and if so, how? Do
    you listen for particular elements like tempo, genre, etc. that you try to recreate in
    your choice of visuals.

Yes, i do so.

5: How do you categorize your movie clips? (Please include screenshots if you have
    the time)

Complete HD Chaos only real Categorizations in Resolume and Modul8 Projects.

6: What do you think about your VJ program's ability to organize movie clips? What
    program are you using?

Absolutely NO ability.

7: Which features would you like to include in a software program made to organize
    your movie clips and to make them quickly accessible?
    Quick Combineable Search Tags (Like"90s Rave Red")

Greets Maze