Custom midi controllers.. need some help figuring this out
  • mannikin
    activ8 member
    Posts: 53
    Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:10 am

    Custom midi controllers.. need some help figuring this out

    by mannikin » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:13 am

    Hi,

    First off, thank you garageCUBE! Did my first show saturday night using Modul8 and it was simply brilliant. :)

    I'm currenly using a microkontrol as my mid controller. I am planning on building some customer midi triggers (pipes, plastic sheets, etc...). I was curious if anyone else is using custom triggers, and my main question is how does one hook up these triggers to be used with Modul8?? What sort of hardware would I need? I would love to figure this out, so I can really make my shows super interactive. Appreciate any info.

    Thanks;
    John
    S Y N F O N Y<> S T U D I O S
    ..............................................
    powerbook G4 15"
    Tiger / 2GB RAM
    Korg microKontrol
    modul8 V2
    ..............................................
    http://www.synfony.com
  • mannikin
    activ8 member
    Posts: 53
    Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:10 am

    Re: Custom midi controllers.. need some help figuring this o

    by mannikin » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:08 pm

    Any midi gurus out there that can help me out here? :wink:

    J.

    mannikin wrote:Hi,

    First off, thank you garageCUBE! Did my first show saturday night using Modul8 and it was simply brilliant. :)

    I'm currenly using a microkontrol as my mid controller. I am planning on building some customer midi triggers (pipes, plastic sheets, etc...). I was curious if anyone else is using custom triggers, and my main question is how does one hook up these triggers to be used with Modul8?? What sort of hardware would I need? I would love to figure this out, so I can really make my shows super interactive. Appreciate any info.

    Thanks;
    John
    S Y N F O N Y<> S T U D I O S
    ..............................................
    powerbook G4 15"
    Tiger / 2GB RAM
    Korg microKontrol
    modul8 V2
    ..............................................
    http://www.synfony.com
  • jm302
    super8 member
    Posts: 110
    Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:47 pm
    Location: Seatown (Rain City)
    Contact:

    Re: Custom midi controllers.. need some help figuring this o

    by jm302 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:22 pm

    mannikin wrote:Any midi gurus out there that can help me out here? :wink:

    J.



    I've never tried this myself, but my band is looking into syncing a drummer with the laptops. I found a company called Circular Logic (http://www.circular-logic.com/) who makes software for doing just that. They have(or did have in the past) detailed instructions for setting this up on their website. I believe you'll find all the info you need there...

    Cheers,
    Justin
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist" -- Anonymous

    http://www.302acid.com
  • mannikin
    activ8 member
    Posts: 53
    Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:10 am

    Re: Custom midi controllers.. need some help figuring this o

    by mannikin » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:53 pm

    Thanks Justin. Will definitely check it out.

    J.

    jm302 wrote:
    mannikin wrote:Any midi gurus out there that can help me out here? :wink:

    J.



    I've never tried this myself, but my band is looking into syncing a drummer with the laptops. I found a company called Circular Logic (http://www.circular-logic.com/) who makes software for doing just that. They have(or did have in the past) detailed instructions for setting this up on their website. I believe you'll find all the info you need there...

    Cheers,
    Justin
    S Y N F O N Y<> S T U D I O S
    ..............................................
    powerbook G4 15"
    Tiger / 2GB RAM
    Korg microKontrol
    modul8 V2
    ..............................................
    http://www.synfony.com
  • Mandingo
    member
    Posts: 17
    Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:46 am
    Location: USA

    by Mandingo » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:59 am

    If you have some soldering skills. This is the place to check out.
    www.ucapps.de
  • User avatar
    boris
    garageCube team
    Posts: 910
    Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:36 am
    Location: Geneva
    Contact:

    by boris » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:21 pm

    Boris * garageCube team
  • JJHP3
    activ8 member
    Posts: 75
    Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:59 am
    Location: Philadelphia, US
    Contact:

    RE: custom midi controllers..help

    by JJHP3 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:30 pm

    The cheap $150US MidiTron by Eric Singer works great for analog sensors into midi. Comes with a max-based chip programming program.

    http://eroktronix.com/index.html

    John
  • Guest

    Yes!

    by Guest » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:16 pm

    I could not agree with you more.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests