Converting Files to .mov
  • mhw

Converting Files to .mov

by mhw » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:23 pm

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good program to transfer my files to .mov format?
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:51 am

quicktime pro man, that's all 8)
  • mhw

by mhw » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:54 am

Thanks sigma,

I bought quicktime pro last week but I cant open some of my old windowz files and some of my .swf files.

It may be a codec problem and I am waiting on a reply from apple. But being the VJ noob that I am, I was just wondering if there was a program out there that every one else was using.
    chromafresh
    super8 member

by chromafresh » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:25 am

It probably depends on what format your "windows files" are.

Since Quicktime handles many basics, perhaps you have DIVX or 3ivX files and you may need to install these codecs to get access to them. If you try opening them in quicktime (even if you get an error saying you need a codec) and you "get info" on the file, you should be able to determine the codec. Then its a matter of looking for and getting it installed.

Theres also like "mpeg streamclip" which is a free application which is good for converting certain types of mpegs. This will convert DVD "TS files" among other things once a DVD has been ripped by Mac the Ripper or other... not to justify DVD ripping here.