Wireless Projection
    birdiedaboy

Wireless Projection

by birdiedaboy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:50 pm

hey guys I've just started to check out the web for Wireless Projection and if its possible, I found out that there is a piece of hardware that those this call AirProjector KJ-100B http://www.projectorcentral.com/wireless_projector.htm I wanted to ask if there is someone that has some experience with this and how is latency? and if you know of any other devices that do this, or maybe a projector that hasthe wireless device built into it?
    Repeat after me: I am free
    lotech
    ultim8 member

Re: Wireless Projection

by lotech » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:52 am

That system is more for screen sharing powerpoint presentations and would not be ideal for constant, low latency, video feeds.
    Unless you spend tens of thousands of dollars on a broadcast wireless system you'll never be able to guarantee reliablity of wireless feed. Imagine a room with 500 people who have 500 cellphones which half probably have bluetooth and/or wifi on. You soon end up with mess of signals that will probably interrupt your feed.
    Nothing can or will replace a physical cable running from A-B.
    birdiedaboy

Re: Wireless Projection

by birdiedaboy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:25 pm

lotech wrote:That system is more for screen sharing powerpoint presentations and would not be ideal for constant, low latency, video feeds.
    Unless you spend tens of thousands of dollars on a broadcast wireless system you'll never be able to guarantee reliablity of wireless feed. Imagine a room with 500 people who have 500 cellphones which half probably have bluetooth and/or wifi on. You soon end up with mess of signals that will probably interrupt your feed.
    Nothing can or will replace a physical cable running from A-B.

Thanks for the tips, I kept reading and everyone said they are only good for powerpoint presentations as you said, running live feed trough them will be with a lot of latency, and didn't even thought about all the cellphones that might mess up the thing! but its good to know now! but it will be so sweet if someday this works with live feed with no latency but for now lets stick with the cables! =)
    Repeat after me: I am free