Locked 11 posts Page 1 of 1
System Requirements
  • garageRoot
    garageCube team

System Requirements

by garageRoot » Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 pm

MadMapper requires Mac OS X 10.6 and up.

If you want to use Modul8 with the MadMapper you must use Modul8 v2.6.2 and up.
  • jammy

OSX Lion

by jammy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:06 am

hi is the current release compatible with Lion?
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:08 am

as far as we know, it's all working properly
  • te-c
    super8 member

Re: System Requirements

by te-c » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:34 pm

What hardware do I need? I tried the demo with my MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 3 GB Ram and RadeonX1600 with 128 MB VRam and same time running M8 it was so slow that it was hanging up after some minutes where I was doing some quads. So I think I have to buy new Hardware first to have enogh safety for a show with M8 and MadMapper.
    /// Chuck Goldfinger ::: Live Visuals Frankfurt /// VJing, Videomapping, Stagedesign, Photography, Graphic Design and more based in Rhein-Main area ::: by bk-Art.org ///
  • ilan

by ilan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:10 pm

What is the size/codec of the media that you are using?
    Does Modul8 function smoothly when MadMapper is not running?
  • te-c
    super8 member

by te-c » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 pm

My footage is 640x480 in photo jpeg or png alpha codec. My modul8 runs well, but if I use the madmapper too after building some frames it doesn't run smooth.
    /// Chuck Goldfinger ::: Live Visuals Frankfurt /// VJing, Videomapping, Stagedesign, Photography, Graphic Design and more based in Rhein-Main area ::: by bk-Art.org ///
  • ilan

by ilan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:20 am

- Did the slow down occur specifically when you were using the Animation with Alpha clip?

- We are aware of some performance issues with MadMapper and they are going to be addressed in the next release. Which system configurations and media are affected by this is not entirely clear to me.

- Mac OS X 10.5 and up tends to take up a lot more memory then previous systems and while Modul8 will run ok running both apps might be a bit of a strain for 3 gigs of RAM.
  • te-c
    super8 member

by te-c » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:14 am

It's not only at alpha clips.

I think I will upgrade my hardware and wait for the next release. Is there a plan when the new release is coming?
  • ilan

by ilan » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:22 pm

Ok. If it is not only clips with Alpha channel then can you be more specific? Any further, detailed information will be helpful. If you just wait for the release and we do not know what is causing the problem that problem may very well remain in the software.
  • te-c
    super8 member

by te-c » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:38 pm

Ok, I will try it again within the next days and try to explain the problem more detailed.
  • te-c
    super8 member

by te-c » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:43 pm

Ok, I think I know why it's happened. I think I trie the first demo that comes out, and this one wasn't compatible with my graphic card. The reason for this was, that in this version I had no watermark in the output channel but no marks for positioning, too. :D

Anyway the new MPB is ordered with 1GB V-Ram 8GB RAM and 256 GB SSD. So MadMapper can come for the next shows
Locked 11 posts Page 1 of 1