Locked 5 posts Page 1 of 1
What is Syphon
  • garageRoot
    garageCube team

What is Syphon

by garageRoot » Fri May 27, 2011 10:35 pm

Syphon is Mac OS X 10.6 only framework that allows image and video applications to share their outputs with one another.

With Modul8 2.6.2 you can send your output via Syphon into MadMapper.

For more information about Syphon and other applications that support it pay a visit to the Syphon website.
  • jaxamuse

Re: What is Syphon

by jaxamuse » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Hello - I'm having problems connecting Madmapper & Modul8
    All the tutorials I've read say that the syphon feed should "just be there" in Madmapper - but mine isn't!
    I'm sending the feed out of Modul8 via syphon, that seems to work okay, but it's not showing up in Madmapper (demo version).
    I'm testing this out before I purchase the software, which I would like to do as soon as I'm sure it will work for me!
    Thank you in advance for your advice / suggestions.
  • ilan

by ilan » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:12 pm

I am assuming you are running OS X 10.6 and up? Just making sure before we take this any further.

I would also advise you to download the Syphon test applications, the server and the client, to make sure that this is not something related to Syphon on your system.
  • moemonkey

by moemonkey » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:27 am

I installed everything that needs to be installed: Syphon plug-ins and the qcrehab. I'm having problems finding Syphon on my modul8 output, it does not appear. Why? What am I doing wrong? Everywhere I look it seems that Syphon is almost default. HELP! I already purchased madmapper and want to be able to use it today :cry:
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:55 pm

You don't need to install nothing… Just have Modul8 2.6.4
Locked 5 posts Page 1 of 1