Locked 7 posts Page 1 of 1
Is it possible to create multiple video layers via MadMapper
  • PMZebbler

Is it possible to create multiple video layers via MadMapper

by PMZebbler » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:41 am

Curious if I could bring in multiple videos and map them separately via MadMapper.
    That could be a determining factor for me to see if I should buy this bit of software.
    Love the mapping and masking capabilities, but stuck on trying to figure out if I could trigger multiple videos via this software (would love to map them to various objects on stage and trigger when the moment is right).
  • ilan

by ilan » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:37 pm

This how it is done:

http://www.madmapper.com/sending-multip ... madmapper/

The same approach can be taken using other VJ apps.
  • PMZebbler

by PMZebbler » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:39 pm

This is a pretty cool work around, but it seems to be a bit clumsy in a live performance environment and more suitable for installations.

My challenge is to have this done live and on the fly (granted, I'll have the time to pre-map my elements ahead of time somewhat).
    My current VJ software additionally won't let me stack videos next to each other, so I would have to pre-edit everything (which is currently 1024x768) to be wider or taller to hide my other video element in the additional space... Even if I do that - there's a question of triggering it live without interrupting the other visuals - is there any way to fade that layer in and out in MadMapper, live?

Hm...
  • technomorph
    activ8 member

by technomorph » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:13 am

PMZebbler wrote:This is a pretty cool work around, but it seems to be a bit clumsy in a live performance environment and more suitable for installations.

My challenge is to have this done live and on the fly (granted, I'll have the time to pre-map my elements ahead of time somewhat).
    My current VJ software additionally won't let me stack videos next to each other, so I would have to pre-edit everything (which is currently 1024x768) to be wider or taller to hide my other video element in the additional space... Even if I do that - there's a question of triggering it live without interrupting the other visuals - is there any way to fade that layer in and out in MadMapper, live?

Hm...

what video software are you using?
    I have a template modul8 session that already has the layers re-assigned for multiinput.

ueah I agree it doesn't make sense.
    I've been using Modul8 for many years and now the concept of using it as a canvas has been lost and now have to use it a pipeline feed which is very confusing!
  • PMZebbler

by PMZebbler » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:29 am

It's custom software Zebblertron (written by interim_descriptor, based on his proprietary open source software DVJ).
    I would be into using Modul8, but we've already developed Zebblertron hugely to enable lighting support and OSC communication with other devices (i.e. having users trigger an exploding video loop on a video mapped dragon via a separate Kinect installation) - so it would be hard for me to justify the switch to Modul8 at this point.

Trying to explore hacking together a Syphon-compatible mesh-warp tool in Quartz Composer right now as a cheaper than MadMapper option.

Z.
  • technomorph
    activ8 member

by technomorph » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:02 am

PMZebbler wrote:It's custom software Zebblertron (written by interim_descriptor, based on his proprietary open source software DVJ).
    I would be into using Modul8, but we've already developed Zebblertron hugely to enable lighting support and OSC communication with other devices (i.e. having users trigger an exploding video loop on a video mapped dragon via a separate Kinect installation) - so it would be hard for me to justify the switch to Modul8 at this point.

Trying to explore hacking together a Syphon-compatible mesh-warp tool in Quartz Composer right now as a cheaper than MadMapper option.

Z.

there is the Quad ward that the 1024 folks released (they are main developers of Madmapper)::::: http://1024d.wordpress.com/2011/02/22/_ ... -qcplugin/
  • technomorph
    activ8 member

by technomorph » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:03 am

I'm also working on other Quartz stuff to get over some of the many lacking features in MadMapper right now....

syphoning into QC then creating new syphon pipe to go to Mad Mapper
Locked 7 posts Page 1 of 1