Locked 4 posts Page 1 of 1
What are the best settings for the video output?
  • garageRoot
    garageCube team

What are the best settings for the video output?

by garageRoot » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:22 pm

Resolution settings
    Check that the native resolution of the device is not lower than the display setup of the computer. For example if your are working in NTSC with an analog output using an RCA or S-Video connector, you should set your computer resolution in 640x480 50Hz. Using 800x600 for NTSC won't help at all and may even lower the quality of the rendering.

If you are using a VGA cable to connect to a projector, be sure that the computer resolution is not higher than the native projector resolution.

Refresh rates
    Modul8 synchronizes itself to the display refresh rate to get the smoothest possible results. Generally it has been optimized for refresh rates from 50 to 60 hz. It is better to avoid high frequencies that may lower the smoothness of the animation.

••Do not change the resolution settings when Modul8 is in full screen mode.**
  • spectral7

if using s-video

by spectral7 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:13 am

It has also been advised when using s-video to use set 2nd desktop 768 x 576 PAL and using overscan in displays preferences. This stops more scaling in video card.
  • lorilori

by lorilori » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:29 pm

why i can't use a computer resolution higher than projector native resolution? i'm working with a new mac book pro, monitor resolution 1440x900 and a christie projector native resolution 1024x768. may i have wich kind of problem? thank's :wink:
  • VJnutcracker
    super8 member

by VJnutcracker » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:10 pm

Your mbp monitor may be 1440 but your second output should be set to the same as the projector if possible,
    You'll probably find it will auto detect the projector and set the second output to the projector native resolution.
Locked 4 posts Page 1 of 1