Locked 44 posts
Is a Linux or Windows version planned?
  • borrelhapje

xp version needed

by borrelhapje » Sat May 06, 2006 10:57 am

Same here, I'd buy a windows version instantly. It's a bit pricey to just buy a mac for the single purpose of running M8.
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Sun May 07, 2006 1:09 pm

hehe, come on, if you own a mac you won't use it only for modul8, you can do the same even more than with your peecee...

by Guest » Tue May 09, 2006 12:06 pm

exactly... Final Cut Pro, Motion, Modul8, Soundtrack Pro, DVD studio Pro, Logic Pro... ÇoreAudio, CoreImage, Network Midi, Quartz Composer, iLife...
  • borrelhapje

buying a mac just for Modul8?

by borrelhapje » Fri May 19, 2006 12:01 pm

Well, when I do buy a mac it'd be for the hardware, especially the new macbook pro's are just fantastic. And sure, I'll use it for Final Cut Pro and Motion as well...but don't underestimate the video editing powers of the trusty old pc platform. I don't really need to switch platforms for that.
    yves@garagecube
    master

Re: buying a mac just for Modul8?

by yves@garagecube » Thu May 25, 2006 10:32 am

Please no platform wars here. It is a FAQ. If you want to talk about that go to the Lounge.

http://www.garagecube.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13

Thank you.
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

by Akira » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:03 am

argh, spam!!

someone lock this thread, it's pointless...
  • sebcool

i would be really interested

by sebcool » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:49 am

i would be really interested in buying a windows version of modul8
    cal6n
    activ8 member

by cal6n » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:52 am

With the release of version 2.5, it's become really, really, really unlikely that any non-Mac release will happen. The reason: Core Image. It's a requirement for modul8 and doesn't exist for Windows or Linux.

Face facts. If you want modul8, you need a Mac.
  • Threeza

by Threeza » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:14 am

gmint wrote:Allow me to translate what many of those asking for a windows version are really saying:

Windows user: Come on, I've already shelled out $800 bucks on this no brand PC and I don't have the money to buy a Mac, but I'll have no problem paying $300 for the program if you release it for windows, honest!

Translated: I can't afford to buy a Mac, and I sure as hell can't afford to buy a $300 piece of software so would you please release it for windows so I can download a cracked version off of BitTorrent?

I don't think that entirely fair... Of course theres going to be people ripping off software regardless of platform, however a lot of us would buy a legit version straight off... I much prefer pc's - for what you get for how much you pay the interface and easy customization straight off (not arguing just preference)... I would definiately buy Modul8 straight off for use on my $5k pc... =D

Film making background recently got into vjing and this is the first software that even comes close to letting me do what i want to in reality... V gutted to find it mac only. Is there any further word on the possibility of a pc release.
  • Threeza

by Threeza » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:17 am

cal6n wrote:With the release of version 2.5, it's become really, really, really unlikely that any non-Mac release will happen. The reason: Core Image. It's a requirement for modul8 and doesn't exist for Windows or Linux.

Face facts. If you want modul8, you need a Mac.

And it is possible to replicate core image - a plugin to pc gfx card drivers, independent piece of software...

Anyone who is serious about performing with your software will pay for it... any one who isnt wouldnt have bought it anyway.
  • spongemonkey

by spongemonkey » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:17 am

I am a life-long PC guy myself, but am now into my first full year as a MacBook Pro owner.And I do really like this machine... and honestly, I mainly use it to run Modul8.
    However, being able to install XP on it was a HUGE selling point for me.
    Now I run After Effects on the XP side, and VJ with Modul8 on the OS X side.

That being said, I am fine with Modul8 only being an OSX app.
    However, if I could run it on a PC, well then I would most likely be VJing with my laptop AND a PC, both running M8.
    cal6n
    activ8 member

by cal6n » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:30 pm

Threeza wrote:
    *snip*

And it is possible to replicate core image - a plugin to pc gfx card drivers, independent piece of software...

Well why don't you just nip off and write your little plug-in then. Come back when you've finished, OK?

:lol:
  • 1000errors

will it run on a hakintosh?

by 1000errors » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:13 pm

Hi, i wanted to know if the software will run on a high end dell laptop running a hacked osx?
  • Decart

by Decart » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:49 pm

Hi. I guess it's a bit of an offtopic here, but i've tried a demo on my hackintosh and it works... Just that hackintosh is bull**** comparing to a legit OS X. My hackintosh couldn't output to an external monitor/beamer.. Maybe you'll get lucky.. Who knows..
Locked 44 posts