simple toggle through presets
  • stephan

simple toggle through presets

by stephan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:14 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have a Madmapper set up that has 20 Presets. I would like the viewers at the performance to be able to come up to a table and toggle through any of them at will. The computer hosting Madmapper is of course hidden from them so they can't mess things up.

So I would need a foolproof (very simple) system to toggle back and forth. Midi? keypad? other?

Any suggestions from the forum?
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: simple toggle through presets

by mad-matt » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:49 pm

You can assign a MIDI/keyboard/DMX/OSC/playstation control to a specific preset or to trigger previous/next preset.
    You could use two big red buttons to trigger previous/next preset, googling I found this project: https://github.com/oliviano/Big-Red-Button
  • stephan

by stephan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:08 pm

You can assign a MIDI/keyboard/DMX/OSC/playstation control to a specific preset or to trigger previous/next preset.
    You could use two big red buttons to trigger previous/next preset, googling I found this project: https://github.com/oliviano/Big-Red-Button
    Hi Mad-matt,

Thanks so much for the help!!!! I appreciate it a lot.

I like the idea of using the MIDI to trigger previous/next preset. I am new to Madmapper. How would you do that? Does Madmapper have a tutorial on that?
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:05 pm

I just explained it here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10346&p=31540#p31540
    hehe