Issue with .OBJ and edit mesh
  • Teunkneus
    activ8 member

Issue with .OBJ and edit mesh

by Teunkneus » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:32 pm

The mesh can't be altered because the point I need is behind a different mesh.
    What's the trick to select it anyway?
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Issue with .OBJ and edit mesh

by mad-matt » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:04 am

Are you projecting on a 3D object you printed ? In this case just calibrating should be enough, modifying the mesh wouldn't be a good idea.
    If the real-world 3D object doesn't exactly match the OBJ, you can use the "Edit Mesh" option in MM or modify the mesh in your 3D modeler (with more flexibility and working in 3D space, but more complex).
    To move an invisible vertex in MM, there's a tweak, move the complete edge to a place where both extremities are visible, move back the point you didn't want to move, then you can move the one that was not visible.
  • Teunkneus
    activ8 member

Re: Issue with .OBJ and edit mesh

by Teunkneus » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:16 pm

Are you projecting on a 3D object you printed ? In this case just calibrating should be enough, modifying the mesh wouldn't be a good idea.
    If the real-world 3D object doesn't exactly match the OBJ, you can use the "Edit Mesh" option in MM or modify the mesh in your 3D modeler (with more flexibility and working in 3D space, but more complex).
    To move an invisible vertex in MM, there's a tweak, move the complete edge to a place where both extremities are visible, move back the point you didn't want to move, then you can move the one that was not visible.
    first of all thanks :)

This is the workaround I have used, but it would be very nice to isolate a vertex and then select points (say 1st click to highlight it just like masks).
    Yes the whole thing is made from the .OBJ but we are testing with a tiny 3d printed model.
    But I hate light leaks, so it would be nais to be able to easily select points.

The model itself will be around 2 metres high and be projected from different sides.