activ8 member

Re: MadMapper 3.5 beta released

by balamsoto » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:40 am

Looks great.
    I am a bit confused :
    what is the difference:
    btwn Scenes & Cues
    how is the columns and rows work :
    is it possible to have a group of Scenes / Cues and play each group by midi or other controller settings?
    this new new version looks very impressive but the cue feature is a bit confuse
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:25 pm

Yes, it should be released in july. In the worst case there will be a beta version running anyway.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:23 pm

We released 3.5 beta 4 today, available on yourspace. The final release should arrive in july. It is already stable, we fixed the only stability issue that was reported in previous betas.
    For anyone who've been working with beta2, the projects will be incompatible, but there is a beta 3 working for 2 months here that is still compatible with previous beta version projects:
    http://www.madmapper.com/download/beta/ ... _BETA3.dmg
    http://www.madmapper.com/download/beta/ ... _BETA3.exe
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:28 pm

@balamsoto
    what is the difference:
    btwn Scenes & Cues
    how is the columns and rows work :
    is it possible to have a group of Scenes / Cues and play each group by midi or other controller settings?
    this new new version looks very impressive but the cue feature is a bit confuse
    Check the documentation (also available on yourspace):
    To make things easy for the most common case, Scenes are a replacement for presets. Scenes are located ont the first row of the cue bank grid. When you create a Scene, it stores everything (surfaces, fixtures & medias) and starting it will hide any surface you added after creating the Scene. So to clarify:
    - A Scene is like a Cue but with limited edition: you cannot remove entries from a Scene, and you cannot store only part of an object in a Scene
    - A Scene will hide any surface/fixture that is not stored in it.
    The idea is that when you start a Scene, you will see the exact same thing than when you stored it (on all video outputs and DMX output).

Scenes are made to handle in an easy way the most common cases, while Cues allow finer control of you show. Using one or the other, or combining both, depends on your scenario.
    The workflow depends on your situation. Personally I only use cues, but I know what I'm doing.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:29 pm

By the way, we just released Beta 4 where we tried to make clearer the separation of scenes / cues
  • balamsoto
    activ8 member

Re: MadMapper 3.5 beta 4 BUG .

by balamsoto » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:31 pm

I have the beta 4 running mostly fine.
    I notice a bug while using line texture
    after saving a file and reopen - the line quad gets displace away from texture quad.
    the displacement is big and to see it I have to Zoom in to find the line txtrue quad.
    see attach image
    Attachments
    2Betahex-lines-jun18_-_MadMapper_3_5_0.jpg
    2Betahex-lines-jun18_-_MadMapper_3_5_0.jpg (92.63 KiB) Viewed 7470 times
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:31 pm

after saving a file and reopen - the line quad gets displace away from texture quad
    Is it happening just when reloading a file or when calling a cue ?
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:28 pm

Ok we fixed that one. Thanks for the report.
  • BrooksT

by BrooksT » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:25 pm

I'm having an issue with 3.5b4: input rotation doesn't seem to be persisted and applied correctly.

I'm still a bit confused between scene and cue, so please forgive if I've gotten the terms wrong here. I am working with the top row, left two boxes in the cue bank.

Between the two, I can change the material on a surface easily, and it works when switching back and forth. However, if I go to the second cue, change the input rotation on surfaces, hit edit, and select "input options" to update the cue, the value seems to be updated but is not applied when subsequently going away from and back to that cue. The correct value is displayed, but the material is not actually rotated.

Probably related, when switching back to the cue 1 where no input rotation was applied, the material is updated correctly and is correctly rotated to 0, but the value from cue 2 is displayed.

Beta bug, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:24 am

Between the two, I can change the material on a surface easily, and it works when switching back and forth. However, if I go to the second cue, change the input rotation on surfaces, hit edit, and select "input options" to update the cue, the value seems to be updated but is not applied when subsequently going away from and back to that cue. The correct value is displayed, but the material is not actually rotated.

Probably related, when switching back to the cue 1 where no input rotation was applied, the material is updated correctly and is correctly rotated to 0, but the value from cue 2 is displayed.
    There's no such known issue and we couldn't reproduce it.
    "input options" => did you mean "Input Geometry" ?
    Are you using Quad surfaces ? Could you send a sample project with the problem to support[at]garagecube.com specifying "for matthieu"
  • al_baum

by al_baum » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:57 pm

I started to use the non beta version of 3.5 and I have an issue with a mask when importing from a previous version.
    It works fine on 3.5beta3

What happens: Inverted mask does not 'mask'. See image, where the mask is the selected object and everything around the mask should be masked. If I uncheck 'Invert Mask' the mask becomes un-editable

I am on OSX 10.13.6 with Madmapper 3.5

EDIT... I just tried to make a new mask in a new document in MM3.5 and the behaviour is not the expected one. Mask is not masking...
    Is there something I am doing wrong ?
    Attachments
    inverted mask.jpg
    inverted mask.jpg (33.63 KiB) Viewed 7272 times
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:43 am

Please re-download, we had issue with the CDNs, a buggy build was still referenced.
    Version number should be 1807269134.
    Thanks for the report !