sync madmapper with external sound system
  • Tamar Ben

sync madmapper with external sound system

by Tamar Ben » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:52 pm

Hey!
    I am working on a video installation that involves four projectors using Madmapper for the mapping.
    It is crucial to my project to play the audio in surround. To the best of my knowledge Madmapper does not support multiple audio outputs (I would love to find out I'm mistaken).

Is there any way to play this type of audio with Madmapper? or a way to sync Madmapper with a different software that will play the sound?

I have searched the internet back and front for solutions and I am desperate so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Tamar :)
  • cyberium

Re: sync madmapper with external sound system

by cyberium » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:50 pm

the best will be to use Ableton live for audio and midi to control your madmapper, on the same machine!

:arrow:
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: sync madmapper with external sound system

by mad-matt » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:24 pm

If you're on macOS and activate "Use Hardware Acceleration" for your movie, MM will use AVFoundation player (same as when playing with QuickTime player or any Apple app), and this component is handling audio output, so audio will behave like with QuickTime player.
    From MM 3.5 (in beta at the moment) the default FFMPEG player also supports multichannel output.
    In 3.3, MM does stereo output by default, you can enable multichannel output by changing an hidden setting:
    - on macOS, in Terminal.app: defaults write com.garagecube.MadMapper audioOutputMultiChannel 1
    - on Windows, in Cmd.exe: REG ADD HKCU\SOFTWARE\Garagecube\MadMapper /f /v audioOutputMultiChannel /t REG_SZ /d 1
    Let me know if everything's fine