Showjockey RGB tubes, DMX addresses etc
  • lalette

Showjockey RGB tubes, DMX addresses etc

by lalette » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:39 pm

hi all,

it is my second purchase of showjockey tubes. As already mentioned, nice products, good price, terrible documentation.

My issue is, of the 6 tubes I got, only 2 did light up showing test patterns right away when connected to the DMX tester. Seems like I have been able to succesfully set channels and address there. A 3rd tube didn't work at the beginning (= nothing happening when connected to the tester, I could navigate the menu and switch and enter address and channel ), then suddenly it did light up and seemed to be responsive to pattern changes ). The rest 3 do not react at all. I feel like there is some communication issue between the tester and the tube, but I do not really know what to do.

Could it be faulty tubes? Nevertheless even wiring the whole system and connecting to madmapper, these unresponsive tubes do not react to any channel, so they do not even have a factory setting (??), no address is assigned ?

Anything I could try ? the tester doesn't seem to be a reliable instrument.

Ale
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Showjockey RGB tubes, DMX addresses etc

by mad-matt » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:55 am

Where did you order those ShowJockey tubes ? We don't sell it, and don't do support for ShowJockey. We are collaborating on some products but we have no idea about this one. Please contact their support or the reseller.